Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Death Opened His Eyes

Thankfully not his death... My boyfriend, on lortabs, denies he has a problem. (read my other posts for more detail). I talked to him today, his friends brother just died.  19 yrs old, kidney & liver failure. He was abusing tabs also drank heavily. Now my boyfriends freaking out, says he's gonna quit, admitts I probably was right all along when I told him I thought he had a problem.
Now he's finally ready to talk with me about this (I've been doing so much friggin research and really wanting to share it all with him).  I don't want to be happy that some poor kid died, but hopefully it won't have been for nothing, and it can help save my boyfriend.  He also has his friends begging him to stop taking the pills.  I feel like this is finally starting to go somewhere. I don't know how dependent he is on them, so I don't know how hard it's going to be for him to come clean...But I hope with all my heart this will give him the motivation to stop.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
one of my good friends and a guy I used to get my perc 10's from was coming home from a bar two yrs ago and fell asleep driving. he hit a telephone pole at 60 miles per hour and died, sorry to say it didn't stop me at all..
Helpful - 0
I know I shouldn't get my hopes up here.  But he's scared sh*tless now. I know what you are saying though.  I've known enough people who have either died, ended up in prision, or otherwise messed up majorly and it didn't stop me from doing anything. Thankfully I never got too heavy with anything though.
Helpful - 0
dont mean to discourage you anymore either but my mom used to keep clippings out of the newspaper of all my close friends from highschool she quit after 25 deaths.

I hope it opened his eyes, it didn't slow me down.

What ever works.......
Helpful - 0
I appreciate anything you have to say (even if it's not what I want to hear).
And I don't think my boyfriend is as bad as you once were (after reading your story yesterday) I just consider it the 1st step. He says he wants to quit now, and admitts he has a problem.  And he's over at his friends house right now who is I know nagging the hell out of him to quit.
I kinda don't feel like I'm alone in this anymore, now that his friend is on his case too.
Helpful - 0
I agree with one thing that you said I was a close to a zombie as you can get, I was dead!
It took years to get to the place I landed, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Skyfoxglitter in her post says she took pills everyday for five years and that is exactly what I did. From 2000 to August 27th 2005

It is much easier if you catch yourself early just like cancer..lol if that is crazy enough..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.