Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Darvocet tolerance and addiction

Hey guys I recently sprained and maybe tore some muscles in my groin.  For someone who has never pull/strained/sprained their groin, it hurts incredibly bad, keeping me from sleeping and pretty much just making me have a horrible day due to CONSTANT pain.

My doc gave me tramadol at first but that did next to nothing for the pain, so he scripted me darvocet 650.

This is my second day on them now.  The first day I took them they worked wonders for my pain and made me feel wonderful.   Now they arn't doing anything for my pain or my 'good' feeling.  I've started eating one and then another about an hour after just incase they are bad for your stomach.  

My question was... is 2 at a time, maybe 2 or 3 times a day, is that going to hurt my stomach/liver or whatever pills hurt.  I only have 30.   And how likely am I to get addicted after 1 bottle.  I haven't craved them yet, only for the pain.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Cool sounds good.  No I've never been addicted to pain pills.  I've eaten pills lots of before but never most than twice a week.
Helpful - 0
Getting addicted to Darvocet is on a scale of 1 (mild) -
(10) most -- ... with as little you have, 2 tops. Probably no WD's to worry about. With such a small ammount to deal with in the first place, you may not even understand where half of us come from. I only say this due, with hainvg a 15x 10mg/325mg a day habbit -- 10 Demoral don't' do anything but get my hopes up.

I think it's a good mediciation -- possibly superior for arthritis, but very minimal compared to stronger analgesics.

It is probably the same whay a heroin addict feels when he watches us complaining about being addicted to percs, vics, etc...  

In all regards, it's hard. Most of it has to do wih your own personal charactor.... that's coming easy from me... I have none. But I wish you the best of luck friend. :)
Helpful - 0
davocet is i believe the mildest from of narcotic pain pills. and yes they are addicting. i have to take 3-4 to take the edge off of pain and they give me a horrible stomach ache. i wasnt sure in your post, but have you been addicted to pain pills?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.