Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

30 hours off fentanyl

had bad w/ds since sunday seen doc on monday told me to use 50mcg for three days then put 75mcg on. had w/ds the whole three days on 50mcg. took off on third day and threw all my patches in woodburner.says half life is 17 hrs or more to leave system.day 2 is getting better with w/da but there still here.the only thing i can say is im not craving anything. not my vics not the oxys i can get off friends.you people in this forum really helped even though you dont know me.i can believe i did this to myself but im strong i can do it i quit crack cocaine 17 yrs ago cold turkey. ill admitt this just as hard but i have strong will and strong wife to help me. also told doc on thursday im getting off narcs and gonna try physical therpy for my back.anyone have any healthy ways to stay sober please help im looking to beat this for good any advise will help.had rls all night and got no sleep but doc gave me requip for hope it works 30 hrs and no sleep thanks every one the bowhunter
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
390416 tn?1275185087
This is an old thread. a new question ...this might get overlooked if you don't!
Good luck and keep posting.
Helpful - 0
410475 tn?1262942367
fentanyl is a mean, nasty drug. I was on it for about 6 months for back pain before and a little after surgery a spinal fusion. the side effects were that I was sweating like crazy and I just couldn't take it anymore. I went through 8 days of shaking, vomiting and a little diahreea, and a lot of prayer, and then it stopped. today is 14 days off, and I am still a little panic. I don't know if that is part of it or not. my son, and ex drug user told me to drink a lot of green tea to clean my system, day 4 I finally saw doc, he wanted me to slap on another patch, I started crying, its day 4 why start over? it was hard, still scares the hell out of me, I'd really like to talk to others like me to compare notes. the doc should have helped me more, or advised me better or something.
Cheryl, CA
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Hey Guy,

There are a couple more on fentanyl patches. Bowhunter and A Man of Faith (hope I got the last name correct. Tomorrow I'm going to leave the 12mcg off and just use the 25. Hopefully, the w/d won't be too bad since it's only cutting back 12. I hope I can cut back to just a 12mgc soon. I have been on this stuff for over a year and it has changed my life as I know it. Gotta have it and hate having it. (now that made sense, huh?? lol)

Since there is no board for fentanyl patches we have to come to painkiller message boards. The people are all great, but it's hard for them to understand. We just get our drugs in a patch instead of orally. Has anyone researched the fentanyl patch?? Pretty scary stuff!!

Suprglyde, I don't know if you saw the old post but I figured that was how you got your username. My ex has a 76 superglide. With luck you'll be catching bugs in your teeth this spring.

Tonight seems quiet compared to last night. I was still up at 3:00 a.m. so I saw the post where someone was trying to sell vics and gave his email address. What a jerk (trying to be nice. jerk doesn't quite cover it.)

So glad I caught up with my fellow fentanly patch users. Stay safe and post here tomorrow. Hunt it down if you have to. We have done that before.

Heading for bed and hoping all the best. We're gonna make it...Take Care...Consueala
Helpful - 0
Bow, I too am on the patch.  The 100's.  LadySundown and I thought we were the only ones!  Stay with it.  I am going to do something about them in the next two weeks.
Hi Lady!!  You doing OK?
Helpful - 0
about 3 days of the hee bee gee bees like your gonna crawl out of skin. and not sleeping thats my biggest thing right now no sleep about 4 or 5 hours in last 48 or more hours. lady stay strong youll get off of them your weening is good i went cold turkey like i said after bad reaction.day three is better im eating got out of house for half the day. im getting better everyday i hope i can stay strong. i have a great wife right beside me helping me stay strong good luck lady the bowhunter
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I hate these patches. As I said, I was started on 100mcg and should have never been put on them. My family Dr. has helped me taper and it's been a long one. Sunday I will be wearing just a 25mcg. Please tell me what to look for in w/d symptoms.

I hope things turn out great for you and I really think they will. Take Care.....LS
Helpful - 0
lady ive only been for month started on a 50mcg it worked good for 2 days then i got ache about three weeks in iwet 2 twos and changed patch idid that twice then called doc and told him so he bumbed me up to a 75mcg well stuip me i change it after 2 days that made me high for 2 days then had w/ds so i went back to doc and he says put the 50 on for three days then go to 75 it will equal out had w/ds the whole three days on 50 mcg after third day took it off and threw the rest in the fire. its all most 48 hours still have w/ds but i think thell be gone by sunday. i just couldnt stand the thoughts of going through w/ds if it didnt equal out so i started looking into pt for my back and hip i konw i dont want no more patches. the bowhunter
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Fentanyl is a mean drug to w/d from. I am wearing a 25mcg and a 12mcg patch now. I was going to go down to just the 25 but I have a sore throat and a slight fever, so my Dr. said to wait until next patch change which will be Sunday.

It's good to talk with other fentanyl users because there aren't many of us. I think I could ring the neck of the nurse practitioner who put them on me to start with. She did it for post op pain and after the first few days I didn't have much pain. I have no pain now. I started on the 100mcg and it's been a slow w/d. You have a lot more guts than I have by going off c/t. I wish you luck and you're a srong person so I'm sure you can do this....Take Care....LS
Helpful - 0
Melatonin can do it for me as far as getting me to sleep.
It can be found at most of those health and vitamin stores.
One tablet, and I'm out with a natural sleep

I hope the best for you.
Helpful - 0
thanks im trying i only want to go through w/ds once i just cant believe i did this to my self. my thing was vics and the oxys made me hornier than hell.same for my wife we would do soom pills and have sex alnight.you know just on weekends then it got to everyday use.i was way worse then her she just felt tired the next day.me i get the hee bee gee bees. there almost gone another day or two i hope to be over those. starting to eat again,**** regular,just wish i could sleep maybe tonight when i start my requip for rls but will also look for your recomendations on natural ways to sleep and for rls.thanks everyone the bowhunter
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
keep up the awesome work.. you are holding strong. the Hylands restful leg tabs from walgreens have helped me with the constant leg stretching cramps tingling thing.. may help you. Liquid Valerian root works pretty well for sleep. i had to take a dose and a half for it to knock me out though.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.