Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Dotxing At home from Lortab/Ibuprophern

Detoxing at home from Lortab/Ibuprophren.  I was a detox nurse in the 80/90's. My room mate is detoxing from Lortab at home . I have been fast tracking her by taking her dosage down. We are having to do this at a faster pace as she only has a 15 pill supply. Is there any thing else to give her to help the discomfort. We are doing the usual protacol. She refuses to go into treatment. We had to do this last year as well with good results. Her bloop pressure is stable. Lots of anxiety!. Are ther any over the counter remidies that could be helpful? We also have to be careful as she is Hepititus C positive. Thanks for any answers.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for the tips. Never thought of Valerian Root. Have a whole bottle that never did any good for my insomnia. I have been pushing fluids,havent got any more peppermint{she ate all of it}lol. Giving her Restoril 2 at brdtime. Tomorrow will be extra tough as i have to extend the time on the Lortab to 5 hours apart. So the Valerian might come in handy. I take B-100 2 every day for fibromyalga and Chronic Fatugie.Been the gambit with all the Bs and have found that for some reason the B complex at the 100mg. is the thing that works best for the fatuige.Have some Natra-Bio for detoxing the body, however we wont start that until she is finnished with the meds. Feel for all you guy's going through this. I did cocaine and speed drinking. That has its own thing. Want to encourage all of ya to keep trying. I will have 7 years in April. If i can do it any one can. Thanks for the input.
Helpful - 0
What is that?
Helpful - 0
Camomile tea.....and peppermint....
Its helps for upset stomach and the aches to some degree...Peppermint mainly for upset stomach but I do know camolmile is really good for taking out toxicians...

Im sorry I cant spell....lol

Umm, I take gravel too...which helps..imodime for diaheara.....and the thomas reciepe.....
Helpful - 0
Its for nausea........
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
the thomas recipe that has been posted on here can be helpful. Hylands Restful legs tabs for the RLS helps.. Valerian root helps with anxiety and sleep.( i like the liquid) vitamin B6 and B12 help with the sluggishness.. Immodium helps alot.. and lots of fluids..water gatorade and such. does she have any xanax or valium that also can help take the edge off a bit. hope this helps..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.