Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Just a quick blurb before I head to bed.

I'm currently finishing day 5 of complete sobriety. I've had Percs available almost all week, found Tramadol recently and have renewed a script of Vics today.

My current outlook is I don't want to fall into the trap again. All medicine is out of reach - I've asked for it to be that way for at least 1 month from abstinence (sp).

The first 2 days were what I'd call 'average' wd's. The 3rd, lighter than usual (but day 3 is normaly easy for me for some odd reason). Day 4 was easier than usual - today, physically I was OK, but felt fairly dysphoric. I had a few drinks last night, which may have been my problem (have had a few drinks the last few nights). I'm planning on day 6 to be similair, but I will not be drinking tomorrow night nor Sunday. I'm hoping for day 8 (Monday) to be my first "good" day in the rest of my sobriety of pills. Yea, I expect to have bad days, but I am now determined to beat this. I may not be the most religious person, but I thank God for making my last binge on pills not the most enjoyable.

Night to all - wish you well!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That is awesome...now you are day 6...I just got up and am reading...You have amazing willpower to have those pill around and not take any! WTG...you are on your way!!!! You should be so proud of yourself and you truly are an inspiration!!!!
Peace to you and keep going!
Helpful - 0
Again....wtg hun...you truly are an inspiration to us ALL here....you also deserve a HUGE pat on the back, make sure you do that!

Huggs
Tracy
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
congrats on 5days.. especially since you have had pills available to you. i don't think i could be that strong. luckily for me since i have been tapering i have a had a limited supply and have been able to stick to it for fear of running out before i am ready. you are working it.. keep up the positive outlook.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.