Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

A little concerned....

Hi all!

It is day 14 clean for me c/t from a 7 yr lortab 10 addiction and I still feel like ****!! I can't sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time, my whole body hurts, I am sneezing all day long, no energy, chills, diarrhea, skin feels like it's sunburned, dry coughing fits (I never smoked).  Is anyone out there with any idea when I will feel like I did before I started this ****?  It's really hard staying clean when you know one pill will make you feel better at least for a little while. I'm not going to do it, I just need some encouragement.

4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Awwww Honey your doing so well.  Wow day 14, my god I hope to one day say that.  You are doing so damn good, just think how far you have come, the life you are so close to tasting.  I don't know much about when it will all get better, since I am still tapering, but it will and your gonna be running marathons soon, take it easy, re-focus that mine (come on I know you can do it) and just breath  :)

~Baby Steps
Helpful - 0
Hi, are you taking any meds or vitamin supplements? B-12 for energy or I take EMERGEN-C a powdered energy drink. What about something to help yo sleep? (Valerian root). Day 14 is awesome. I am day 15 and just today feel more like myself! A little more energy but it comes and goes! What about eating some bananas for the diarrhea and some ibuprofen for the chills/burning skin?  Hot tub? I know our bodies are all different and I've heard it can take months to a year before we are completely back to where we were before drugs. I know you are strong and the alternative to going back and using is not where you want to be.
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Wow, 14 days, thats amazing!!!!!!!!!!! that is 2 weeks, WAY TO GO!!!!!!! Just keep going a day at a time. I am trying to do the same right now. All of you who have made it even 4 or 5 days are an inspiration to me. Just think Ga, this time tomorrow it will be 15. Keep your head up, I am prayin for ya!!!!!
Helpful - 0
14 days...Wow....Thats just wikked......Im so proud of you!! 1 day is an accomplishment....and thats 14 accomplishments this  year!! Pat yourself on the back...It will get better!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.