Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

suboxone question

my hubby started his suboxone yesterday and has had a major headache since about 2 hours after he took it.  Now he is wondering if he should take todays dose or not.  He thinks it might make his headache worse.  Any one know if this is true or not.  I keep telling him to take the meds that the doc gave him as prescribed and see what happens since the doc knows better than he does but he isnt buying that reply
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
is headache listed as a side effect??? it may just be from adjusting to it..i am not that familiar with it. just a thought. i would check on the side effects.
Helpful - 0
1 Comments
I had head aches at first,  but once my body got use to the suboxone they went away. I have fibromyalgia and this medicine has helped a lot with my pain and depression. Just be careful cause the suboxone gives you sweet craving so a lot of people are getting cavities from the sugar. Plus it causes constipation so you have to eat the right foods. Also I am pretty sure its making my hair fall out so I take hair and nail supplements. Its bad on your liver and really hard to get off so if possible go natural. I hope this helps.

5. What are some possible side effects of Subutex and Suboxone?

(This is NOT a complete list of side effects reported with Suboxone and Subutex. Refer to the package insert for a more complete list of side effects.)

The most common reported side effect of Subutex and Suboxone include:

cold or flu-like symptoms
headaches
sweating
sleeping difficulties
nausea
mood swings.
Helpful - 0
Why is he on suboxone? I'm just curious because I've read suboxone w/d symptoms (PAWS) can last months after stopping.
Helpful - 0
they put him on the suboxone to help the withdrawal from percocet and vicidine abuse.  He should only be on it for 6 weeks. I just wondered if he will get over the headache with out stopping the meds
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
i would think if its listed as a side effect he may get over the headache his body may have to get used to it.
Helpful - 0
I didn't really get headaches bad (morphine) as long as I remembered my caffeine.
Helpful - 0
I should note that I didn't take suboxone just quit morphine c/t
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.