Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Beachtowel

I just checked a post that you responded too on 2-20. I would like to respond at the top of forum so you can see my response.
I am ready to quit.  Have not had any since 2-19 and I will be damn nothing bad has happened.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
who did i post to you?
Helpful - 0
Pac, I went back and the only thing I could find that might of offended you was a post not from 2-20 but I did find something 2-19. I added a comment to that post.

I hope that will explain my post if not sorry..it
wasnt meant to be personal, well maybe a little....
Helpful - 0
147172 tn?1226758178
I just re-read that whole post.
I don't really get the connection between the new one and that one really or at least enough to warrant a new conversation but I guess he did.
I do have to just say that it doesn't always happen that the addict needs something bad to happen.  When I quit drinking and cocaine 5 years ago, I just woke up one morning and was sick and tired of being sick and tired.  Nothing major, no arrests, no accident, just had enough and that's kind of what happened to me here.
I was prescribed the pills for legitimate pain, wound up not really paying attention and applying all the tools I've learned through AA and I let it get control of my life.  
2 days ago I wanted out of the cycle ....... I'm on my way out.  And even though I feel lke hell, I have a clearer head than 3 days ago when I was still taking the pills.

Helpful - 0
As someone who has been in program,reread that post and see that you showedlots of support? sober for 14-16 months you should not be a sponsor, and you want to run an online meeting?
Helpful - 0
Have you guys ever been to a meeting Na or aa?
You both have a right to your opinion and I won't argue your points.
I have posted probably close to 100 posts here. I try to tell the truth and sometimes I have a bad day and my words are harsh, sorry I cant be perfect everyday.
I work at a law office and I will tell you "crash and burn" is prevalent with addicts.
Cold just because it didnt happen to you I can show you 10 cases where it does.
Don't ever go to an AA meeting, they are tough there and will call you out at the drop of a hat.
They don't even like NA members attending there meetings.

Yes I want to have an online NA meeting and host it, I have been to hundreds of meetings. I have made a lot of friends here and have went out of my way to help when I can.
Do I make mistakes YES, you both can judge me thats ok.
I will try to do better but if you really read my posts clearly you would of understood my true intent........
Helpful - 0
what I really find fasinating is out of 100 posts you criticize and judge me on one post.
You say I don't support really it is this point I disagree with.
Only addicts are offended by truth because it hits home and hurts..........
Helpful - 0
Been in the program for 25yrs AA
Helpful - 0
So you have 25 yrs of sobriety?

That is very impressive, with that much sober time I thought you would understand after reading the entire post.
So in your 25 yrs of sobriety and attending AA meetings you dont' understand why I said what I did?

Nobody was ever called out at your meetings? To get there attention?

I respect the fact of your 2.5 decades of sober time.
I think your accomplishment is outstanding and hope to learn a few things from your posts.......
Helpful - 0
had 23yrs
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.