Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I need help:)

I am 22 years i have 2 toddlers ages4(boy)& 2(girl)I have a husband we got married almost a year in april 15th. I have a problem with takeing perk's 10/325 I have been taking them for over 2 years I want to stop, How? I want my life back! I have a bolging Disk and its pinching my siotic nerve I have scoulieocis, I want to stop Right now my little girl is crying and I have 4 left I want to take ine but I am not, I a not a strong person and everyone from my moms side are all drug addictics from beer to crack I don't know what to do, If I just stop I don't want to have sezers? and I can't go thru the pain of the withdraws with my kids i can't do it alone and I need help I cant afford a rehab. I want to stop depending on them what do I do? HELP????
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
ok.. breathe. you are in the right place.. you should not have seizures from stopping am opiate pain medicine. do you have another medical condition that would bring on seizures??? its not generally a withdrawl symptom. is there a doc you can talk to about stopping??
Helpful - 0
Welcome.....

Have you tried to ween yourself down with your pills?
I agree taking care of kids and w/d's are not a good combination.

There are other ways.......

Do you have a doctor?
Helpful - 0
Seizures can happen with strong Heroin use but not generally with pills, just a lot of pain from withdrawls.

Do u take meds for Seizures?
Helpful - 0
I have a doctor yes. I thought because I have been on them for so long that If I just stopped cold turkey that I would have sezures I am not sure because for the last 2 and half years there has not been a day that I have not had them I am takeing so many I am looseing count and my husband don't even know that...when I look at my kids I cry because I know I have bad mood swings I am tired of feeling so cofused I don't want them i want to be me. My husband said something to me because I ran out and I went on the great chase to find them you know the perk's He said to me where is that strong women I met 5 years ago, It really made me think, Another ? i have is will valuim help w/ the withdraws and if not what will make it better, you see I have not had withdraws at all in 2 and Halfs years because I have always had themwhen i stop whats going to happen to me?
Helpful - 0
147172 tn?1226758178
You can do it.  If you can get someone to help take care of the kids for at least the first 3 days or so that would be wise.
You will feel like you're dying, but you won't die.  I am in the middle of withdrawals right now and it comes in waves.  When I feel another bad wave coming I jump on the forum to talk to to pass the time.
It really feels like the worst flu of your life but in your head you know it's not the flu.
Help is here.  Keep talking.
I have a 6 month old and I am doing it for her as well as my husband and myself.

Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
as long as you don't have a medical condition that would promote seizures then you are safe there. withdrawl is like a really intense flu. i agree with beach that caring for your kids while withdrawling is not a great idea if you can avoid it. you are gonna feel sick for around 5 days so if you can arrange for help with the kids it would be best. and i would talk to your doc about what you can take to help.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.