Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Loritab Withdrawals

Hi to everyone again. I had written yesterday about my husband and his withdraws from Loritab. First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone who wrote back with good advice. Today is his 3rd day without them and he is doing alot better. He finally got out the house today and his personality is starting to liven up again. I got him Immodium and over the counter sleep aid last night and it has helped. He even said today that the back pain and body aches have gone away. The only thing that seems to be bothering him the most now is how his head is feeling. He keeps saying that it doesn't feel like his brain is right. He explains it as a feeling of being off in outer space or like a cloudy feeling. Can anyone help to explain why he is feeling like this and maybe how long it might last? Thanks for all the advice, it's greatly appreciated.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It can take a very LONG time in some cases. We have seen upwards of 18 months. I have heard of longer. Everyone is different. We have been abusing our brains and bodies for years, and we can't expect them to go back to how they used to be in a matter of days.
Helpful - 0
Wow there are suppliments?  I'm gonna have to look into that.  My man is also on day 3...or maybe it's day 4 (he's on methodone though...)

I have a major interest in neurology.  Apparently the lortabs bind on to the 3 major cerebral opioid receptor sites (mu, theta & beta?? can't remember exactly). Anyway, the bodys endorphines aren't produced then cause there's no need wiht the synthetic **** filling in the holes (receptor sites).  I've always wondered how long it would take for the body to start producing again.
Um...endorphines that is...
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
the book is called "end your addiction now" the guy who wrote it has a website and he talks about the supplements.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
his brain is probably going back to normal. the main action of opiates is to block the pain receptors of the brain. those synthetic ones are now gone. his normal brain chemicals are waking up after being repressed for so long. there are supplements i have seen mentioned that help aid in regaining the right natural balance.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.