Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Just need to vent a little....

Ok, I posted for the first time here, Friday, I think. Anyways, I was going to try to stop taking Lortab. Well, long story short, I couldn't even make it through the weekend. I am out now and tomorrow is another day. It just sucks! I don't know what's worse for me, the withdraws, or the mental craving. I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like "What am I going to do without them?" I get so anxious and that's all I can think about. I have OCD and tend to do that with alot of things, so that may be playing a part in it. I think if I could get over the mental part, I could tough out the physicall withdraws. Any suggestions? Thanks!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
149087 tn?1258453820
I am the one who swears by legatrin pm. It works great for me. I love the stuff. I also have an rx for requip though, and I noticed a difference the first night I took it. I didnt have to spend a bunch of money on it either. The doctors office gave me a 2 weeks supply to see if it would work for me before buying it. BUt yeah as far as the legatrin pm goes, give it a shot. I take 3 at a time. Depending where you buy it it costs anywhere from 8 bucks at a walmart, to 14 bucks at a pharmacy for a bottle of 50 pills. Its well worth it to me.

Restless legs really suck dallas, I know what you are going through, I am having a bit of trouble with my legs tonight. Hang in there, hopefully things will get better soon for you.

Aurora
Helpful - 0
requip for rls call doc its prescription it helps alot
Helpful - 0
i cant remember who posts this comment...but if you are talking about lagatrin pm, then they swear by it...if i dont get to an addiction doc tomorrow then i am going out to buy it, seeingas how we dont have aceess to anything on the thomas recipe...or anything that requires a script...try to look at archives...

sorry i dont remember who it was...but i hope it helps you...i have restless leg normally, and to combine it with w/ds is awful...

good luck...let me know...
Helpful - 0
OMG WHY WHY WHY ARE MY LEGS FREAKINOUT;.......WHY DOES THE BODY DO IT?I HAVE HAD 7 IBUP 4 HYLAND LEG CRAMP PILLS AN 2 AMBIEN CR USUALLY I TAKE I AMBIEN AND I NORCO BEFORE BED AND NOOOOOOOO PROBLEMS,,,,ICAN NEVER GET THROUHG A MNTH SUPPLY (14 DAYS) NEXT 20 OR SO AREAWFULL HARD TO WAIT FOR   (MARCH8)  ICANT SIT STILL BUT I;M TIRED HAVE ANY OF YOU HEARD OF LEGATRINOR IS IT RELAQUIP???????LET ME KNOE WOW THE SPELLING WHEN I;M FUZZY IS KINDA FUNNY!! YOU ALL ARE IN MY HEARTS I DONT TRY TO SAY MUCH BUTTTT,,,,,,HEREIT GOED NIGHTY.NIGHT!!!!
Helpful - 0
Ok, I'm not out now. It's a complicated situation. My husband has a script for back pain, but I don't because I don't have insurance and I've got some other medical problems being addessed right now that are costing us a fortune. My addiction basically started from problems with my teeth. They worked so well for the pain, that when I began having back problems, I took them for that as well. Well, two years later here I am hooked on pain pills. Every time I try to quit, I end up going back to it. It's hard when you really have legitamate pain. It's even harder to talk to my doctor about it becuase I have no prescription, so how would I go about telling her. Also, she has been my doctor since I was nine years old and I really wouldn't want her to know. Plus, she has me on xanax (which I NEVER abuse) and I'm afraid she would think I'm abusing that also. My husband just bought some more from someone. It is so expensive. It's also hard for me to get off of them knowing that my husband is taking them constantly. He has worse back problems than me, and in the line of work he's in, he can't afford to have back problems. But he's built up such a tolerance that he now takes 5 pills at a time. (7.5) I think I'm more worried for him than I am myself, but what do you do? I mean if he doesn't take the pills, he can't work. We have two children and can't afford that either. I don't seem to have the willpower to taper off of them.  I'm sorry, I don't really know where I'm going with this, just need someone to talk to. Thanks for letting me vent.
Helpful - 0
are you out for good?  No more fills?

Oh love, if this was the case, I definetly would have drawn out the doses more (1/2 tabs or something), I don't know much of C/T withdrawls as I am tapering still, but from what I have been reading, you gonna want to take the next few days off and hide in the shower love.  Drinks lots of water, Vitaman B-12 is it for the energy?  I hear Immodium AD will help with the cramps.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.