Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I GOT THE APPOINTMENT

I was able to get the appointment with the Sub doc on Thursday.
It was the first one I called this morning.  

JOE
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good for you...what area do you live in? did they say you had to be in active w/d's?
Helpful - 0
Outstanding news........there u go.........
Helpful - 0
Congrats!  How do you go about finding a doctor for a such a thing? I'm interested but cannot use my general doctor for this - thanks!
Helpful - 0
GO TO SUBOXONE.COM
THERE IS A PHYSICIAN FINDER THERE.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.  LONG STORY.

JOE
Helpful - 0
Some facts about subutex and suboxone you may use:

1. What are Suboxone and Subutex?

Subutex and Suboxone are medications approved for the treatment of opiate dependence. Both medicines contain the active ingredient, buprenorphine hydrochloride, which works to reduce the symptoms of opiate dependence.

2. Why did the FDA approve two medications?

Subutex contains only buprenorphine hydrochloride. This formulation was developed as the initial product. The second medication, Suboxone contains an additional ingredient called naloxone to guard against misuse.

Subutex is given during the first few days of treatment, while Suboxone is used during the maintenance phase of treatment.

3. Will most prescriptions be for the Suboxone formulation?
Yes, Suboxone is the formulation used in the majority of patients.

4. How are Subutex and Suboxone different from the current treatment options for opiate dependence such as methadone?

Currently opiate dependence treatments like methadone can be dispensed only in a limited number of clinics that specialize in addiction treatment. There are not enough addiction treatment centers to help all patients seeking treatment. Subutex and Suboxone are the first narcotic drugs available under the Drug Abuse Treatment Act (DATA) of 2000 for the treatment of opiate dependence that can be prescribed in a doctor
Helpful - 0
wow!!!...the first one...im still waiting to hear from my hubby to see if he got us in anywahere...

i will be praying for you and your appointment...

if you dont mind me asking, what did they ask...

love, natasha
Helpful - 0
THEY ONLY ASKED WHAT TIME I WANTED THE APPOINTMENT. I AM A LITTLE LEARY OF HIM, BUT IT IS WORTH A SHOT.

JOE
Helpful - 0
well i wish you the best at your appointment...please let me know how it goes...i am out of pills as of today...wow...

i will pray for you...

love, natasha
Helpful - 0
I WILL KEEP YOU ALL INFORMED.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.