Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Happy Moment!!

Just wanted to pop in while I had the chance to mention a positive note....

I had my first "Happy moment" -- I ran to the store to get some immodium, 'cause I was out. Anyway, I was being mopie - then I caught myself singing the song on the radio. It was an upbeat song - and I'm not even sure what the words were... it went kind of like this...

...Sooo... I ran to the beach and I blah blah blah blah BLAAAAH blah...

lol

Anyway - it cheered me up to just find myself singing. Well - unfortunately the moment faded - I fell slightly back into the rut of blues - but I feel a bit less so, knowing I should just be around the corner!

Thanks for the encouraging comments earlier!! :)
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
So glad to hear that!!!!Those "happy moments" will become more and more frequent!! Glad to hear you have found some hope!  Singing is very therapeutic with one problem for me...when I sing my kids say "Mom....really...don't sing!!! Oh well....maybe whistling will work better for me!
Helpful - 0
187048 tn?1210642217
Does it feel like the clouds are starting to clear? A couple of years ago I lost my Mom to cancer. I took care of her for 18 months. She had a horrible and painful disfiguring cancer. During that time I would go to work and get home at 7 take care of my family and her. At around 11 pm I would take over for my dad and take the night shift. She was in hospice so she had allot of pain meds. I'd give her hers and then I would take mine to try and dull the pain of seeing her go through this. After going through that I thought I'd never come back and I am starting two after about 3 years. May Mom always said two things one was "Bloom where you are planted" and the other is why I read your posting...

"Life is a series of MOMENTS, some are good and some are bad, learn for the bad and enjoy the good because they are fleeting". Enjoy the HAPPY MOMENT. Thank you for letting me tell my story........
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.