Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Hey folks..

well my actually tooth doesn't hurt at all, its maily my jaw where i got all the shots.  i can't believe they put those needles in that far. he actually tapped on my jaw bone several times. he said it was to make sure he gets it in enough. Ow... really hurts today. have to go to work since i was out friday and saturday. not looking forward to it.. but gotta do it.
20 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I feel for ya! I had all four wisdom teeth pulled about two months ago...was like you, where the shots were hurt more....it should start feeling better in a couple of days...hang in there!
Helpful - 0
when i had my root canal done, OMG did my jaw bone ever hurt... my tooth was pain free, but my face swelled up by my jaw, it lasted about 3-4 days. it felt like someone punched me in the jaw. i had my jaw dislocated 5yrs ago, and the root canal felt the same way. i have so much sympathy for you right now
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
yeah my face is swollen.. i have held out taking anything so far since i am using my script to taper with. so i was waiting til after noon to take anything.
Helpful - 0
good for you, mine was so bad, i dont what he did, but i woke up 3 times that night and to take 1/2 a pill just to sleep. he said that when you lay flat, the blood goes to the area, causing more pain. also i used an ice pack 15 min on/15 min off and it helped big time w/ pain and swelling. ibuprofen works good to for swelling, which means less pain
Helpful - 0
I also used ice pack..it helped. The last two I had pulled, my doc had given me a rx for valium...I was clenching my jaw during the night...it helped. when I would wake up in the mornings after that it wasn't as sore.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
i will try that thank you. i just took my first pill of the day. will take my next at around 530 but it will only be a half. and then last whole one around 10-11 depending on when i decide to go to bed. i am hoping my day is busy so i don't have to think about my face... however talking all day will be interesting..
Helpful - 0
Glad to hear you're hanging in there as well as sticking to your tapering schedule ... good job!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
thanks dear.. i am hanging on.. my goal is to be done sunday. well actually taking my last pill saturday night. i will more than likely be working saturday night. so i will get home late. like 4am. i usually have no problems sleeping after nights like that. and sunday i will wake up and it will begin..i don't know how i will feel since i am tapering... seems like more people go ct around here so not too many taper stories.
Helpful - 0
Surely quitting after a successul taper will be easier than full-blow c/t! I don't want to get your confidence up though, so expect the worst and pray for the best.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
thats pretty much what i am doing. i already have Immodium, B6, B12, vitamins, Hylands Restful legs, xanax(in case of panic attack) and I also got a script for Lunesta for sleep.. i don't know if it will work or not sometimes those meds don't work during wd. i am gonna follow the Thomas recipe starting sunday morning.
Helpful - 0
Tapering isn't as harsh as c/t. I tapered. It still had it's moments - like they would come and go, but never for long. My hubby got the worse side of it  - I think. He's the one that had to put up with my "moods", but they never lasted long. I think the longest was about 30-45 mintues - times that it seemed really REALLY hard. Some of the c/t responses i've seen on here seems to go on for hours or days. It does get better, and before you know it you're past the worst of it. Hubby told me last night that it was "good to see me smiling" again.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
how much did you taper yourself down before stopping??? i have been on here for a month and all of a sudden i have all these questions.. the fear is starting to eat at me.. if you can give me your taper story i would greatly appreciate it..
Helpful - 0
I started with my 4-5 a day and started cutting down from there. I didn't have any plan set into place other than wanting to get off of them. For a while I would take anywhere from 1-5 and then when I finally told my hubby, started to really try cutting back then. For about a week I had 2 a day, which i ended up cutting those in half, and would take one when I would start feeling the "need". Mentally, I was telling myself I was taking a whole one...that helped. Then last week I was down to 1 to 1-1/2 a day...by the end of the week I was down to 1/2. I had moments, almost always at night of feeling "tense" especially in my upper arms and shoulders. It helped to pull my arms up under me and lay on my stomach, putting the pressure on my arms. I've also been taking nighttime tylenol. It don't knock me out, but does help calm me down a little bit. I'm on my third day without any thing and my "tense" sensations are gone. I'm craving my "happy pills" a little bit, but not nearly as much as I was. I'm also going to the gym in the am between 5-6 and doing an hour workout...that is helping tremendously with the fatigue...I'm not that tired...other than the normal run of the mill with three little ones underfoot sort of day :) I think it also is important to have something to look forward to. Don't have to be anything big or extravigant, just something that would be fun for you. Me for example: hubby has planned a night away from kids fishing trip this weekend for us. WOO HOO!!! I went out and bought me a new fishing rod this morning...feeling great!!!

You'll get there FLaddict! You're strong!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Thanks dear.. i appreciate it like i said all i hear is cold turkey stories of hell. i wanted to know what i should expect. i am equipt with all the things i listed above in my post. i am down to 2 and a half 5mgs a day. plan on dropping a little all week til saturday night.
Helpful - 0
That is amazing that you have kept to your tapering schedule. You truly are an inspiration. Hope your jaw stops hurting very soon (I for one know how terrible pain in the jaw can be - that's what got me in this mess to begin with).

I wanted to ask you again, what your experience with W/D has been during tapering, have you felt any discomfort at all?  
Thanks
Minnie
Helpful - 0
Sorry - didn't see the above post - you just answered my question.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
I'm just not seeing straight today, if I could only erase my posts, but I just saw that it wasn't your response at all. Sorry for my confusion.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
If you can...save a 1/2 or even 1 for those "just in case" moments. It does wonders for the mentality part. For me, I would have been panicing knowing I absolutely didn't have any more. I had a half one left and my hubby asked for it...I gave it to him. I remember thinking to myself that I'll be d@&*#d if I ask for it back...my pride kicked in. :) With this being my 3rd day...it's not constantly on my mind anymore either. I still think of them a lot, but not all the time. Tomorrow will be even better ;)
Helpful - 0
Stay in there.  Don't give up.  Let your determination, faith, and desire will get us all there.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
i have had very few symptoms tapering.. a restless leg here and there.. extra trips to the bathroom some days.. trouble falling asleep once in awhile. i have been tapering very slow. barely dropping a half a pill at a time. I started at almost 30 mgs and now i am almost a 10mg. you can so this.. you are tapering from tramadol right??? i would go as slow as possible. i only dropped a half of a half at a time. every 4 days or so. i am hoping my withdrawl will be the same way.. few symptoms like roofus's was. i am anticipating the worse though just in case. post back to me and we can talk.. i am off to work now. be home around 8ish..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.