Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

well, well, well...

and now it begins...for my husband and i at least...we got an appt with a dr to get on suboxne on thursday...i know some will say this is a chickens way out, but for us it is the only way possible...and i swear a weight has been lifted just by telling a third party...and she said welcome, you've taken the first step to recovery, and that was good to hear in person...

bad part is, and im sorry to those doing it to, but we have to be in fulll w/ds by then...so what we have left today is it...tomorrow i know will be pure hell...as we have not been without for over 4 years...

as i posted to tink, i feel like we are now joining a glorious club...i can now begin on that journey of actually helping someone on here rather than the one needing all the help...

have league bowling tonight, but i will check on you guys later...

love, natasha
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You make me proud.  I am so weak today. I would go to the corner and ask a stranger for it today.  SUCKS.  I have almost given up.  Day 8,9 I dunno, but it is all such a fuckin mess.  My head, my heart, my back...I would BEG someone right now for a pill.  

Note:  OFcourse not begging here, just getting it off my chest.  Should I be here, or should I get the hell off the forum where my mind wanders to internet possibilities and the like?

Almost wish I were you. Atleast today will be ok for you.  Tomorrow....yikes.  I can't even think through the next hour.   Rambling.... sorry.

Again, you make us proud.  Keep us posted about tomorrow and your SUCCESS.
Peace~
Helpful - 0
I don't think you're taking the "chicken" way out. I think you're just getting out! Yeah for you and your hubby!!! Each one of us is different. Different things work for different people. It's gonna be rough, but it's gonna be worth it in the end. My prayers are going out to both of you. Keep us posted. This is a wonderful site...with wonderful people.
Helpful - 0
I started on the Suboxone 2 months ago and also had to be in full w/d so I didn't sleep 1 min the night before but let me tell you when you get there and they give you your first dose and all the pain of w/d goes away you won't believe it. CONGRATULATIONS to both of you!!
Helpful - 0
i am SOOOO HAPPY for you two!!! i want to cry :) your right, tomorrow will be hell, but Thurs., will be the first day of your NEW LIFE!!!i in wo way think of you as "chicken" actually i think of myself as a chicken, wanting to go the subox. way but to scared to. i've successfully w/d 3 times, my fear is relapse.
tomorrow when you feel like hell, remember that light you have only 1 day away...
Question? do you have insurance to cover it? or are you paying for it. I'm asking cause i have no ins.
Helpful - 0
complain, moan, groan and get it off your chest as much as you like....it will start getting better...maybe later rather than sooner...but it will.

Hang in there!
Helpful - 0
I posted this on another topic also but wanted to make sure that Creek was able to read it. And please hang in there you are stronger than this addiction and you can beat it hands down. Just think how great it will be to be pill free!!!

Creek-please please do not get anything from online. I can tell you from experience that this is a never ending supply and will drain every dollar from you. It isn't cheap and you will continue to order to feed your habit. If I had not gotten prego I would not be making the progress I have been making. One of my b/f's went to rehab for vic's a few years ago and she is now back going stronger than ever and using 6 to 7 different online suppliers. A bad habit that used to only be 5 to 15 a day has quickly become a 30-60 a day habit because she has bottles and baggies full of the stuff. You will only make your addiction worse and stronger than ever.
Helpful - 0
thank you guys so much!!!...i AM crying right now!!...i love you guys so much...why didnt i find this years ago???...

anyhow...to tink...we do have ins...but they dont cover treatment, we have to pay 58 bucks a piece...but ins covers meds...i dont even care, bc like ive said b4, we spend waaaayyy more than that on pills a week...thank you for being here...

to creek...you are strong and you know it...everyone is somewhere inside...just focus on today...you will get through this...we are all here for you even if noone else is...love you..

to roofus...thank you so much for your prayers...i do believe in the power of prayer...

to pgn...i dont want to say this bc i try to block it...but i took tabs all through my last pregnancy...my god...i did have gest diabetes, and ended up with very emergency c section...but as far as other complications, there were none...but yes you should tell your dr...they wont be able to help if you dont...good luck...

to skyfox..read my next post...love u guys...natasha

Helpful - 0
You guys are sooo going to do it now!!! That is soo awesome.  You are so not taking the easy way out.  Nothing about our sitations is easy!!!  We are all just trying to figure out the best path for to get ourselves there. That was a huge step to call the Dr. and I'm so glad he/she was supportive of you!  Be proud of your strenght and you guys are an inspirations to so many!
Keep uss posted!  If you have a rough day tomorrow, just remember it will be better by Thurs. and we are here to listen!
Peace
Helpful - 0
thank you so much for your words of encouragement...we are strong and i know it...i have two little girls who give me my muscles...

best of luck to you and i know i will post again soon...

love, natasha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.