Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

yeah im on day 7

well everyone i met my first goal 7 days sober.ill be honest day 6 in the morning was alittle rough for about 4hrs i called it a baby w/d.but at one point driving to chrio appt. i started to feel like me again.i didnt want to med. my self. couldnt if i wanted to as i posted earlier i called doc and told him no more vics,and my oxy connection wont even think about giving them to me.[shes a great friend].so now i start day 7 i feel good im starting to get alittle more sleep only if it 4 hours.i ate like a pig last night couldnt seem to fill my belly.even woke up hungry so thats a good sign im trying to gain that 10lbs back. hell im ready to go back to work just so i can get out of the house.feels good to say that cause i hate working[wish i was rich]ha-ha.hey 1911 you are my biggest insperation i want to get one month off this stuff.i know ill make it as i said im a very bullheaded person and theres nothing i cant do if i put my mind to it.i know addiction is real and the w/ds are real[worst damn things i ever felt].but as 1911 said you basicly have to retrain your brain.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hello, im a big dope smoker (weed) and i need to quit i am becoming a social worker, im sick of puffing blunts well the truth is im not but i should be because it is affecting my school and might affect my upcoming marriage. And im sick of being burnt out 10 in the morning!!!
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
Congratulations.  It feels good to feel good again...right?

Try putting some cut up water melon and/or canalope in the refrigerator to use as snacks.  They are low calorie, fill you up, and best of all their water content helps keep up flushing the body.  Don't forget to keep drinking lots of water.

You are doing terrific.

GEORGE
Helpful - 0
Congratulations....it does feel good doesn't it!  Are you having any problems with depression or cravings? It really sounds like you are on your way.  I'm on day 19 c/t and I still come here to read the posts...I see so many new people and some "old timers" people seem to go but so many keep coming in...this place has truly been a godsend to me and so many others!  Keep posting about your progress...it helps all see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Awesome job!
Helpful - 0
Congrats! Thats a great feeling. The only thing I want to caution you on, is the fact that, IF you are an addict, which you say you are, willpower alone WILL NOT get you through this. You have done alot of hard work detoxing, and that takes a champ to get through. But there is still alot of hard work ahead of you. Do you really think drugs were your problem? No, they were your solution. They were how you dealt with your problems, a cover, or a way to not feel the issue in front of you. My advice to you would be to find a sponsor, and work the 12 step program, and you WILL understand why you were using, and how you can prevent this from ever happening again. I promise you, you need to fix the problem, and once this/these problems are removed, you will walk the Earth a free man, and NEVER feel the need or want to ise again. This is just a suggestion, take it or leave it. Either way, I wish you nothing but the best.
Helpful - 0
thanks buddy im working at it
Helpful - 0
please everyone find someone you can talk to in person that way when you feel down and out and your thinking that pill will get through till tomorrow thats when you go to that person and talk about it.it helped me alot.thank god for my wife shes my biggest support. i just wish you all can find that person to help.        the bowhunter
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.