Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Today I Start the process...I am going to try cold turkey.

I am going to go cold turkey because I am afraid that trying to taper will give me to much time to change my mind.

I am scared and all alone.  It sounds crazy, the kids are away for the day and possibly the night.

I feel so anxious.  You guys give me hope.

4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The thing that helps me the most is, staying busy with the things that made me happy before I had pills. Any hobbies, or just clearing your mind, just go hiking or something like that. just try and fill your day with activities that will make you appreciate life. At night when you know your gonna have trouble sleeping.. take a Ambien, or Valium. Repeat that for a few days, might work for you/ everyone.
Helpful - 0
We all medicate for different reasons but I would say the most common one and I speak for myself also is, it made me happy, gave me energy when I needed it and helped me cope with every aspect in my life. Whether is was laundry that needed done cause you know if I would take a few of my pills I could do 2 times as much in half the time. I could run around with my daughter and still have enough energy to run errands, clean work etc... I KNOW you and I can have all that without the pills, we did it before we fell into this hell and we can do it again. The grass really is greener on the other side. Keep posting and before you know it the W/D's will be gone!!!
Helpful - 0
I just know how weak I can be.  I know I try to justify things in my own mind-  I do have pain, that makes me crazy.  But I am in need of change.

I am unhappy.   I have not been happy for a long time.

Love my kids, hubby is great too...but I'm not living-just existing.  My life is a lie.  I act like I am great to most every one.  I found myself the other day looking around the house for a recipe to "feel Better"
I had pain pills in one hand, wine in the other.

I need A clear mind...I've been to rehab 2-3 times about 15 years ago.  I know where I'm going  with that frame of mind.  
I've been leaning towards taking legit prescriptions, and some not legit "phentermine" I'm not over weight so basically it's just speed for me ---*keepin it real

I also have OCD.  That complicates things.
Helpful - 0
I admire your courage and because of that you can do this. We are all here and there are so many great people with great suggestions. Be strong and just keep talking about it, it helps.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.