Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Unbelievable Restlessness

Today I am so bummed. I thought I was making progess and could totally beat this thing and yesterday I tried to go 24hr after having 5mg in the morning when I woke up and I can sadly say I only made it to 16hrs before I felt I wanted to jump off my roof and it came quickly and fiercely. How long does that unbelievable restlessness last and how did you cope?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey just wanted to respond to your post.. First I want to comend you on even making it 16 hours... That is longer than I could have ever made it without pills.. I don't really know how long the symptoms last because I never could quit c/t, I am currently on Suboxone for my w/d and not looking forward to weening off of that!!! I think yo are doing GREAT... All you can do is keep fighting I know it is hard but you have it in you.. The brain is a hard thing to trick especially when in w/d because the physical symptoms are enough to make you want to jump off of a bridge, but you just have to hang in there and keep telling yourself this will not last forever and you can do it... Hang in there and talk as much as you need.. That is what we are all here for...
Helpful - 0
Don't give up....you are doing great.  You are feeling normal W/D.

The restlessness is insane.  Ask your OB.  But my OB said plain Benydryl was okay to take at night.  

I took one tab. 25 mg.  then several hours later would take the second.  (Because If I took 2 at once it would give me restless legs.)

I took it about an hour or two before I would lay down so I could still be moving until I actually got tired.

That helped with the restless legs.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.