Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

just feeling bad...

i am not going to sit here and tell you guys that i feel like **** today...because there are so many of you who have been doing this longer than my 9 hrs...

i want to congratulate all you guys who are doing this c/t, tapering, suboxone, anything...i do not know why we waited this long...

and i do know most of you have legitimate pain...and i am so sorry that life has dealt you those cards...and then the only answer is to medicate with the same things that are addictive...makes no sense to me...

i only hope and pray that everyone has someone they can talk to, as bowhunter said, face to face...fortunately mine is my addicted husband, and yes we can be strong for each other...im the stronger one...lol...im considering telling my mother this evening, so that we do have someone on the outside...i know she would help, but its the whold disappointment thing...we have been down this addiction road before...

anyway...keep posting thos success stories...and keep venting...i will always have an answer for you guys...

love, natasha
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Okay its been 9hrs, its this the longest you have gone?
You should go to the drug strong and get some motrin that will take away the muscle aches and pains. Also take some b12's, if you can get some xanax for tonight. I'm 24hrs at 5:36pm tonight so I'm just alittle ahead of you. We can do this.
Helpful - 0
Not sure if Mom is a good idea unless you have a very very good relationship the both of you with her...

Looking for answers NA, or Narconon.....may be a better bet...

what ever you do good luck......
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
Glad to hear you are going to talk with your mother.  The very fact that you are engaging her is a very positive sign.  Don't underestimate her ability to understand and help you.

I went through this with my son. He didn't want to tell me he was addicted, much less ask fo help in trying to quit.  After many tries, he finally succeeded.

Ironically, when I found myself addicted to pain killers, he was the second person (my wife was first) that I asked for help.  

GEORGE
Week 5  

Helpful - 0
thank you both...beach,i have a wonderful relationship with her...but as i said, its thw whold disappointment thing...i mean do you think that anyone will notice a change in us on the suboxone...maybe sky has that answer...

and cat, congrats on your accomplishment...that is huge...and yes this is the longest we have gone in 4 years...

i am so proud of my hubby...he just text me and was begging me to call our guy and just get 10 more...just 10 he said...i said no, no, no...

i finally gave in to his begging, and he just text back and said you know what...im done, no more...im sorry...i dont want anymore...

thank you God!!!...a prayer was answered...

love you guys, natasha
Helpful - 0
thank you very much for that...i love my mom so much...she is the reason i went to prison...took her checks when i was 19 and wrote 3000 for coke...and that was the money she was moving to new york with the following week...but we are closer than ever...i love her soooo much...

i do trust in her to be a big support...

congrats on week 5...i will be there in 5 weeks...lol

love, natasha
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
In 5 weeks I will be looking on the Forum for you to report your success.  

Your hubby's "buy them...don't buy them" is part of the mental gymnastics we all go through with W/D.  I've had those same thoughts at least 100 times in the past 5 weeks.

Give your Mom a big hug for me.  Tell her I'm the father of six and grandfather of eight...she'll understand.

GEORGE
Week 5

Helpful - 0
JRG
Hi
I just wanted to tell all of you how strong you are. I have been addicted to norco for four years. I take 85-90mg a day. I feel terrible most of the time and I just don't know where to start. I would like to taper but don't know if I can. Like most of you I have two beautiful children, a husband who adores me, a beautiful home and life and I don't know why I take these awful pills. The rops are dropping like flies and I know I will not be able to keep getting these for long. I am planning on starting a taper on the 19th. any words of advice is appreciated.
Thank you
Jackie
Helpful - 0
god you are strong and wise...have you always been that way?...im sure your kids and grandkids are very lucky to have someone like you...

thanks for the support, and i will bear hug her...lol...

love natasha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.