Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Got THE phone call...here we go...

My "friend" just called because I haven't called in a couple weeks.  Temptation at my doorstep and I'm fuckin stressed and I do not want to go through last night again.  ****!!!!!!!!!!!

answered you below natasha...I'm screwed.   I didn't answer, but pretty sure I won't make it through the day without calling back.  again, ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This "friend" that called she has pills for you?

The first thing in a drug rehab or NA will tell you that you have to walk away and ignore (can politely ignore) anyone in your past that is using.

If not relaspe is 98%

Just incase you were wondering.........
Helpful - 0
i know you are strong...i feel it...you made it through last night...you can make it through today...go for a drive...go for a walk...watch you favorite movie...do whatever...tun your phone off...i believe in you...dont let me down...lol...im kidding...

and know this, though im not encouraging...if you slip, dont go away...you cant always be strong...but i and many others are here and care very much about what you are doing to yourself...

please, please, dont call them back...all you are doing is paying their rent and putting food on their table...not yours...

you can do this...i know it...

im saying a huge prayer right now for you and only you...

love, natasha
Helpful - 0
Fuckin smoking more that a pack a day!!!! I used to not smoke at all three years ago.   If the drugs don't kill me, getting lung cancer might do the trick.  Am I just trying to self-destruct?  I am goin outa my mind.  Wish I had something else to smoke.  My brain has to be on something or it isn't happy and makes me crazy person.   My brain is screaming to me to call for "help"
Helpful - 0
with tears in my eyes I am praying for you....
Helpful - 0
Bless you.  I feel like have so many people who care about me.  THAT is overwhelming right now. I don't have people in my "real life" as I call it, that could say those words.  

I DO FEEL LIKE I AM LETTING YOU DOWN if I call and get some.  That is ok with me...accountability is difficult.  But like natasha said...THINK IT THROUGH, who's bills am I paying, certainly not mine, with all that money.  SOMETHING has to matter to me, SOMETHING that makes these pills NOT RUN and RUIN my life.  

Having said that, I would like nothing more than a bottle full right now.  It would end all the pain and I could get on with my numb life.  The one I am used to.

This has been going on for days...please God let it stop.  Thank you for talking today....and praying
Helpful - 0
you are strong, I know you are. I can tell by your previous post(s). I for one wouldn't be disappointed. We all slip. Right now I'm on my 5th day, and wanting one of my happy pills....the want is not as strong as it was 4 days ago...but it's still there...and to top it off got a heck of a headache coming on (the reason I started on pills to begin with).

Call the phone company...change your number, that way your "friend" won't be calling you anymore to tempt you, even though you know the "friends" number...it will make you stronger knowing that it's your decision then to call and not be tempted as much as when you get a call...make sense?

Hugs -----> (((((creek))))))
Helpful - 0
Action is stronger than words.  That is what you are recommending...get off my ass and help myself.  Protect myself, love myself enough to save ME.  I get it.  I'm going to get out of the house.  Go get a book advised here on the forum, and well, maybe take a bath and eat something today.

I think last night scotquit (?) and I agreed we WOULD BATH today.  

Thanks for the love and prayers,and especially your words today.

Peace~
Helpful - 0
Jumping up and down...doing the happy happy joy joy dance for ya... ;) Good for you! Get going!!!!

Hugs :)
Roofus
Helpful - 0
well, here I am. My wife wanted me to go to a Narcotics Meeting and I am meeting her over half way i think. :)  Help me please!!  How bad am i ( my name says it all) as i am not proud of myself. I am a 55 year old salesman, who is active in the community coaching and always volunteering but yet have been hooked on Vicodin for about 5 years. I was taking 7.5 or 10 once a day, then twice a day for a long time then recently my 'friend' gave me lots more. I stopped caring about everything and just wanted to watch TV. I was one of our top sales reps for many years and the last 3 i have been not so good. I was staying up late just to watch TV and whenever i had a problem or an issue that stressed me, where as in the old days i would take one xanax for my anxiety, now i was taking Vicodin.

Recently i went on a binge after trying to cut down to two a day, which i did successfully and did 6 or 7 a day for two days KNOWING i was going to have to stop yesterday when i did 1.5 pills. I was jumpy, nervous, have diahrea and took my xanax which made me sleepy but at least i was able to get over the nerves. So far today i have taken one pill, after running 2.5 miles as i am trying to get a schedule going. The worst part is i work out of the home and can easily do nothing except my sales manager is asking me whats up?  Am i doing okay by getting down to two a day, and then when do i go to two halves a day? Please help me feel human again.
Helpful - 0
Please repost as a new question...afraid it will get lost in this one...there's lots of people here to help, and it will be easier to see that way and discuss...
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
DIG DEEP...pull from everything you know and everyone here.  i think you are alot stronger than you are giving yourself credit for...only you can control your future...don't let "this phone call" bring you down...hold your head up...look around...look at all the reasons you have to say NO...
we are all here for you creek!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.