Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Twelve hours on 2

I managed to get throught he last 12 hours on just 2 vics....i finally had to get out of bed after laying there for 5 hours and take one.....so i just popped one of the evil little fuckers and now im sitting here in tears like a big ***** reading posts....im 5'10' 220 shaved head tattooed and im crying at a web site over these little pills.....how does it get to this....
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried the gradual to stop smoking.  It doesn't work!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaa
Helpful - 0
Hang in there. I was down to 1 1/2 for a couple of days and I can say that day 2 was rough. I am prego though so I have to be careful of much I cut down. I read TINK1517's post about her doc appt and it made so much since. I am torturing myself by taking one only when I need it. I am probably putting myself through more than just going C/T so I have decided to do a week at only 3 a day (30mg) and wow what a difference. I don't feel completely hopeless anymore. I was so frustrated and didn't understand why my body wasn't adjusting and then I realized that I only found out about my pregnancy last Tuesday the 20th and this is ONLY day 9. Give yourself sometime and ask TINK1517 some questions I know I will. Hang in there we are all feeling your pain.
Helpful - 0
Five 8, 187, 55 years old, married, three amazing kids from 17 to 25 and i too have been there and am trying to get down from 5 to 7 a day down to 1 1/2. I have gotten weepy lately too realizing the hold this 'worst friend faking as a best friend' had on me but stay strong. YOU DO IT AND I WILL DO IT.  1 1/2 for two days and not going over it again today. NOT GONNA GIVE IN. I am with you too.
Helpful - 0
Just like you said...they are evil little ******* , truly the devil!!!  This addiction has reduced most of us to breakdown at one time or another...they truly decay our souls and smother any type REAL emotion we may have...we try to get out of their grip and their pull is sooo strong that sometimes we just can't seem to fight back! I used to cry out of the frustration of not being able to resist. Then in w/d I cried out of the frustration of putting myself and my family through hell!  I think regret is what wears us down!  I have since learned to let go of the regret and now look to a future of being able to resist the drugs. You can't beat yourself up about what you did...look ahead to what you are going to do about this.  You are strong and people here want to be here for you no matter what you say or do!
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Hey, I think that's a good idea. You certainly don't wanna go through more w/d than is necessary!

I read an article at whyquit.com yesterday that made me laugh - it was about quitting smoking by tapering - and your post reminded me of it. Here it is (by the way, for those quitting narcs by tapering, I realize there's a big difference between nicotine and opiate c/t - the term cold turkey doesn't even apply to nicotine in my opinion):

"Quitting smoking by the gradual withdrawal method.  I discuss this method quite extensively in my seminars.  I always tell how if there is anyone attending who knows a smoker who they really despise they should actively encourage them to follow the gradual withdrawal "cut down" approach.  They should call them up every day and tell them to just get rid of one cigarette.  Meaning, if they usually smoke 40 a day, just smoke 39 on the first day of the attempt to quit.  The next day they should be encouraged to smoke only 38 then 37 the next day and so on.  Then the seminar participant should call these people every day to congratulate them and encourage them to continue.  I must reemphasize, this should only be done to a smoker you really despise.

You see, most smokers will agree to this approach.  It sounds so easy to just smoke one less each day.  Thirty-nine cigarettes to a two pack a day smoker seems like nothing.  The trick is to convince the person that you are only trying to help them.  For the first week or two the one downside is you have to pretend to like the person and you have to talk to them every day.  They won
Helpful - 0
I dont know how it gets to it....but I do know that we all end there...eventually...
Hang in there.....keep posting!! Good or bad...YOu can get thru this.....
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.