Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Why???

Why can I go 12hrs during the day on 1 10mg pill but wake up after 8 hours and feel like I am starting my W/D? Has anyone else has this issue?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This is my first time posting here but I am the mother of a healthy 6 month old son.  I too have been addicted to pain meds for over 6 years.  I just wanted to let you know that the doctors did not know what to do with me while pregnant, everything from methadone to suboxone to tapering, but was told not to withdraw completely because of the unknown fear of how the baby would feel the withdrawls in utero.  I weaned down, but not as much as I said I did, it was so very hard, I wish I would have found this site long ago.  Anyway, my son was born with narcotics in his system.  My fiance and I never left his side, he was very healthy, 9lbs, 1oz.  We never witnessed any withdrawls from him.  Im not saying he didn't feel anything, (I will never know for sure)I wish more than anything that I had been clean.  I just want you to take it easy, you are doing the right thing and I think your baby is going to be ok.  As far as anyone could tell, my son did great and was not harmed, I did alot of praying and maybe that helped.  Stay strong, stay on target and try not to worry too much, stress hormones are also not very good for a baby.
Helpful - 0
I think you have to do what you think is best...I have faith that your baby will be fine! Will you tell you OB/Nurse Practioner on Monday?...If you weren't pregnant I would say you plan is great but I really do believe you should do this under a doctor's supervision.  You are soo strong and I'm sure you could do this c/t but make it as easy on yourself and your baby as you possibly can. You guys are gonna be ok! Trust in that!
Helpful - 0
I know exactly what you mean about trying to sit or lay still, can't seem to do it. I was going to try 3 a day because the 1/2 in the morning and then 1/2 12hrs later was a little too fast but I found that 3 is too many!!! That is such great news to me. I took one this morning at 5:30am and felt buzzed from it so I only just took 1/2 a few min ago, will take another half before bed but I think 1/2 3 times a day might work for me. Please pray for me that I have not messed up my baby, I am sooooo worried and will not be able to stop until that 6 month ultrasound. I haven't taken over 4 a day since I found out and I am feeling little flutters even though I am only 6 weeks and not far along so I am hoping!!! I might try to just go C/T on Monday cause I have to quit smoking that day but that is the day of my appt so i am not sure I can make it there and not look like death. What do you think if I can get it down to 1 1/2 day and then stop after 3 days?
Helpful - 0
That you for those encouraging words I have a feeling I am going to need them, the weekend is coming up and that is the worst time for me!!!
Helpful - 0
Yup...I would wake up at about 4-5am and feel like I needed to take a pill...I think during the day maybe you are so busy (you have alittle one right?) you don't really have time to focus on what your body is feeling until it gets really uncomfortable!  In w/d I found keeping myself busy really help the w/d sx become more bearable...and laying around just made them worse...just a thought!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.