Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

its been a long day day 2

its almost the end of day 2 quitting oxycontins i have no energy n was wondering how long this is gonna last as i have said its only been about 6 months taken hem and 2 months taking them everyday its driving me crazy wondering if i shoudl taper off?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you have made it through day 2...congratulations!!!...thats a huge accomplishment...day 3 will be hard, but so what...dont you want your life back...you own it right?...i say keep going, if you feel you can...really 2 days is big...

good luck tomorrow...and im praying for you...

love, natasha
Helpful - 0
In my opinion...Dont bother tappering...I think you would be much better off going thru it...

In all honesty...It should take up to 4 days....Try the Thomas Reciepe...Take up suggestions like drinking teas....taking vitamins....There is a bunch of people very well informed about that on this site....That would give you all that info a little better than me...All of that and changing your lifestyle will benifit you!!

Hang in there...!! The tiredness eases as you go....It took me a couple of weeks...but I been using for a few years........Anyways, I hope this helps, hang in there!! Your doing great....

Today I am on day 3....after quitting just before New Years....Ive slipped a few times...but the wds arent as bad...The cravings are worse those...and there isnt much for that...other than beatin it....
Helpful - 0
You are in almost the exact same boat as me. The physical w/d's will probably end on day 7 give or take a couple days. I think I stopped feeling them after about 7. I'm dealing with the mental part of it though so unfortunately I have broken my perfect detox record, but I'm still working on it. Hang in there, you can do it!
Helpful - 0
Try the vitamins, especially B-12.  It really helped me.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.