Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

DOCTOR GAVE ME MORE

I went to my doctor today and came clean. I told her I was gonna taper off and needed more to do it. She told me no at first and after I told her I would get them on the street she gave me a script for 120 5/500 vics....I really need to figure out a taper routine here. Can anyone tell me a routinee that worked for them..I was taking about ten a day...yesterday and today I have taken 3 and feel like ****....any advice please
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
185545 tn?1331074866
if on 10 pills pd i suggest u drop 1 pill a day till u get down to 2 then reduce by halves.eg 1.5,1,.5,0!!!
Helpful - 0
I can't emphasis enough the need for any addict to get into the NA fellowship.  Even if you are trying to taper off the pills.  I have a sponsor and she is awesome at enlightening me on realizing that it's not just the physical addiction.  There is the emotional and spiritual as well.
I can honestly say after going to a meeting, my faith in my higher power increases tremendously and I stop beating myself up over becoming an addict, all over again.
Addiction is a lifetime issue once one becomes an addict. The pills are just a symptom.  Through working the 12 steps of NA, I also deal with the other aspects of my life that seems to intertwine with taking the pills.  It may start off as a physical addiction, but like I said, it becomes much, much more.  I am also involved in service work through NA, which helps with my commitment to the program and reassures my strength to get back on track.  
So please, if you believe you are an addict, make that first step to a meeting if you aren't already going.
hugs to all.
Helpful - 0
From 10 to 3 is a big drop.  Now wonder you feel horrible.  I've heard to drop 50% at first.  You could always try for 3, but if you feel that bad, go up to 5, but no matter what, don't go above 5.  Try that for two days.  I'm only taking them when I feel really really bad w/d.  I'm still decreasing, and that's what counts.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
i would drop a little every two or three days..dropping them from the middle of the day at first seems easier. if you were taking 10 i would start your taper at 8. in a few days drop a pill...and so on.. or even half a pill whatever works for you.
Helpful - 0
I'm going through just about the same as you.  I'm down to 4 a day, from 12.  I'm on day 3.  Feel like **** myself for the most part.  I just went to walmart and stocked up on Vitamin B-12 and some other supplements.  They actually did help as far as me having NO energy.  This site has helped more than anything else.  I was scared because I didn't know how long withdraw would be, and what to expect.  And you can't tell anyone you know the truth.  Here you have people to talk to.  Well, Jasodin, we're in this together.  Keep me posted!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.