Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

beachtowel

sorry missed meeting i fell asleep early and wife figured since im finally getting sleep just let me go.i have a question for you since you are clean for so long.now i read alot about weening or tapering.now is that the way to or does that just prolong the proplem.thats why i went c/t. i really hope it works for everyone really i do.but seems like your just putting off getting clean.i am not trying to bust bubbles please dont take that way.        the bowhunter
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I can tell you the only reason I am tapering is because the pharmacist and the doc who gave me my original scripts told me to taper and I wouldn't have the W/D's. If I wasn't so worried about the baby I would do the c/t route because the tapering is not as bad as c/t but it lasts so much longer. But I have the will power to taper haven't taken more than 4 a day in two weeks and that was the first 2 days. It is not for everyone and you are right c/t would just get it over with.
Helpful - 0
I see both sides to this...for me c/t was the only option because I tried to taper but was never successful...I was actually pushed into c/t by myself and my husband..ran out of meds and decided not to buy anymore!!! Husband took the ckbook and credit cards!  Watched me like a hawk!  

Someone said (don't recall who...maybe Tink) that the Dr said c/t is inhumane! Let me tell you at the time I did feel that it truly was! I was out of my mind, however, I am 21 days clean now and that was the method that worked....slow learner) scared me enough to give me the motivation to try and maintain my recovery this time!  

Taper is definately an option for some, esp. you pgnscared...you have a baby to worry about and you don't want to shock your body at this time!  However we choose to do this, I hope we are all successful in recovering from this mess!
Helpful - 0
I'm with you and agree that c/t was the way to go for me. However, I don't think it's for everyone (certainly not if you're pregnant).

One thing I've noticed is that many on this forum have a great amount of anxiety about quitting c/t and are deathly afraid of it. I think a person quitting this way may be setting himself up for health probs (physiological and mental) related to the quit and is probably better off with a taper.

When it comes to quitting smoking, I feel more strongly about c/t and feel that it is by far the best way to quit. BTW, I once heard that quitting smoking can be harder than quitting opiates. IMO That's total BS.

Scott (day 11)
Helpful - 0
i was just wondering. i know i tried to make my vics last and i coundnt do it.you are right scott c/t was for me cause i needed to scare my self straight.just like you marcie.pngscared you are doing very well on your taper i pray i works for you and baby.in fact i know it will work for you pngscared.im starting day 9 c/t today.i just left my dealers house. NO I DIDNT GET ANY PILLS.i will never put myself in that boat again.she is someone ive known all my life and i dont want to loss her friendship.besides shes not gonna give the to me anyhow.but she did say i look alot better.got my color back and im putting weight back on[lost 10-15lbs thru w/ds].well everyone i have my chrio. appointment to head to ill check in later. everyone stay strong you made first step by coming to these post.everyone is here to help each other i love that       the bowhunter   day9
Helpful - 0
Hope you got some rest.........
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.