Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

damn this yellow pill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was doing so well about two weeks ago and then I went to the doctor.I had this thing down to three pills a day and was so proud of my self.HOW DID I GET HERE?I have a long history of addiction in my family.You name it someone in my family is addicted to it.I always stayed away from illegal drugs because of that.I have two children and my daughter has been dealing with this same addiction to pain killers with her uncle and she doesnt deserve to have her mother hooked too.I was always the only one who was supportive of him even more than his own family.He is the brother of my ex  husband.I thought I could be there to help him and now I got my self in trouble.I absolutly hate this.I need to stop but my pain is still bad.I have another month to heal from surgery before I can start rehab on my thumb but I want off now.what should I do?anyone khow?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
WELL IT SEEMS NO ONE IS ON TONIGHT . LOOKS LIKE LAST NIGHT WAS BUSY. WELL GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE.HOPEBALL IS WELL!
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
guilt fuels our addictions so try not to get down on urself.if u feel up to it re plan a new taper schedule.dont throw out the baby wif the bath water.u did sum  great work tapering down to 3 pills p/d.u can do it again.addicts are especially vulnerable to relapse during the emotional roller coaster that is dtox.if nursing sum1 else thru their addictions is comprimising ur recovery then the price is too high.take care of urself first and the rest will follow.good luck.
Helpful - 0
Hey if you're around again this morning, let's chat a bit.
I agree with hellc@mst though - you absolutely MUST put yourself above all others if you have any hope of beating this thing (oh, as a father of 2, I will clarify that your children are the obvious exception to this!!! I guess I take that as a given - but as for others, even siblings/spouses/parents - they must come second).

And not to repeat the entire reply(!) but that guilt thing is so very true.
One of the aspects of the addiction is that emotional orgasm you have during the high, which seems to wash away emotional pain like guilt (which is really a form of self-loathing).  But it only lasts such a short while, and it's gone like the wind and you're left with more intense guilt/anguish than before.  I'm sure that's nothing you don't already know.

If you're around - I'm here if you need to chat.
Peace
/D
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.