Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Progress: Day 5

Finally I got some sleep.
And for the first day this week I didn't feel like death in the morning.
Hot shower and some tea and I'm not feeling too horrible.
Those first 4 days were unreal though.
I hope to hell the worst is over, and that tapering isn't going to prolong it.

Yesterday I got another bottle of 60 10/325's since I clearly couldn't go c/t.
I've done 2 24hr periods with none, but taking 1-2 halves a day to get through.
Well last night was Friday night and I'm sitting home trying NOT to grab that bottle and another beer. I've also been trying to reduce my alcohol intake which is suprisingly much easier than I anticipated.
Anyway - I made it! I only took 2 halves yesterday.

One week ago I did 10, normally 5-6 on weekdays and 8 or more on weekends.
And I would do 12-16 high-octane beers along with them (ice or xxx beer which has more alcohol).

So I guess doing 2 halves isn't too bad, and I've made it to day 5 without going completely nuts and jumping out a window to stop the goddamn sneezing and twitching! LOL :-)

Hope everyone is doing well - Hoping to hang around a bit today
Peace
/D
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You are doing great and I love hearing about your progress...it really does help others to see that it CAN be done!

Keep it up and thanks for your many inspirational posts!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Thank you for the kind words!

It's funny to think about this - to find inspiration on an internet forum with a bunch of strangers - to find caring, compassion, and wisdom - what a crazy idea!

But it's true.
I have found and continue to find wonderful inspiration AND strength here with everyone!  And so - I try to give some back at least what little I have to offer.

For the first time in nearly two years, I have a bottle of 60 10/325's (ok 59.5!) sitting just a few inches from my keyboard.  Looking at me.  And yet here I am, NOT giving in!  Who'da thunk it?!  Not me, not last week anyway.  I'm at day 5, and for once NOT dreading day 6.  

To my demon I say BRING IT! I've taken your worst and lived to tell. I've let you beat me for too long and I am reclaiming my life.

And to WHOEVER READS THIS - BELIEVE YOU CAN DO IT - If I can then YOU can - and it ALL starts with BELIEVING YOU CAN.

AS YOU BELIEVE - SO SHALL IT BE

Peace
/D
Helpful - 0
Get rid of the pills.
Helpful - 0
Good Morning, DAnthrope

You should be very proud of yourself, I certainly am so happy for you!  You are moving forward and that is the only way you can go, straight ahead and don't look back!
I keep looking in that direction, and 99% of the time it pays off for me.  The 1% of the time that it doesn't, I may have to resort to 1/2 of a pill but I find they actually causes pain in my back and the RLS is right there to reminde me to.....fight it!!! Cut those pills in halves!!!!
I will still have to resort to them for migraines on occasion, but even those headaches are less now as I am finding the pills actually were causing so many of my headaches, rebounds. I would say in the past month, the headaches have dropped to maybe 1 every other week.  Compared to 1 a day that would last 24 hours a day for 3 days at a time...or more.  Actually I think depression was a cause (I refused Prozac, etc) but once I started turning my way of thinking around 6 months ago, the headaches and pills started decreasing!  I was in a stupor almost 24/7 for 5 years, really had some very bad years with my closest friend-my soul mate, my doctor, several relatives all passing away, all those who were closest to me..but had to keep moving, funerals to attend and funerals to plan, and did so with "the" pills.  Death has seemed to follow me..like the plague, for many years!
Finally I realized I was going to be with them soon if I didn't use some of the self help offered to me. It made me realize just what I was doing to myself, once I quit poo-pooing the suggestions of using self help!
I have been tapering since last Sept..a very slow process and think I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. This Forum is a Godsend to me...like it is to so many of you.
Keep up the good work all, and only move forward, don't look behind..don't keep dragging the old with you, make changes in lifestyle, get a hobby, exercise, whatever it takes.  I'm worth it and you are worth it...and just keep telling yourself that, YOU ARE WORTH BEING FREE OF DRUGS...! They only aid you in carrying the old baggage around!
KUDO's to you all....and prayers too!
CAN
Helpful - 0
HUH?
"Get rid of the pills"?

Not sure I follow - can you elaborate?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.