Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Everyone is TELLING!!!

WWWHHHHOOOOOAAAAAA!!!!!  I just read all the posts for today.  First, you all are amazing.  The ENERGY here is amazing right now.  But WTF???  SO many are coming clean with family!!!!!    I am so proud of all of you that took that step.  

I am doing this alone..ofcourse with you...but do not have the guts to tell a real person, LET ALONE FAMILY!!!  I am humbled by your steps to recovery and your willingness to lay it all out there for someone else to see.  

So proud of you.  You inspire me.  I wish I had your courage and again, WAY TO GO...so many told Mom, or family....my dream.

Peace~
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
LIFE is so LONELY when you don't tell.  Like being in a desert and thirsting so much for God, Peace, Serenity, but never reaching it.  I am forced to rely on myself (my unstable self) for everything.  Just think you are all on the right path when you OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND SPEAK THE TRUTH.

Peace~
Helpful - 0
i'm sure i've told you thisd before, but let me tell you, coming clean w/ family was hard. coming clean w/ doctor my worst fear!!!! took me 5yrs to get the courage to do that.

but after i did, girl, i walked out of his office feeling like a million pounds had been lifted off of me.
i no longer feel weighed down, tied down to pills. i am still taking them on a taper schedule, but something about coming 100% clean has made my journey no longer feel like a burden (i dirty little secret)

you'll get there in your own time, hell took me 5yrs, LOL
and when it's time for you to tell, you'll know. you'll feel it in your heart.

dont rush yourself, or feel pressured because others are doing it. you can and will do it when YOUR READY...

keep remembering "BABY STEPS" and you'll get there ion your own timec

keep up your strength, your doing so good, i can see a huge difference in your posts, from only a few days ago.
be proud of yourself, as i am proud of you
Helpful - 0
Hey Sweetheart you're not alone.
I'm on you like a fly on... ah nevermind :-) LOL

Listen - don't give me any credit ok?

When your entire family, daughters, ex-wife, niece & best friend, all look out the window and see an ambulance carry you away - you pretty much don't have to tell them why especially with the family grapevine of gossip.  I WISH I had told them at least then they'd know the truth - it wasn't suicide, at least not a conscious attempt.

Anyway, I did tell my g/f but honestly my family figured it out.

No kudos for me.

Instead, why not give yourself some credit for at least TRYING - for cryin out loud most humans couldn't bear this kinda pain!  Most dont even try!  You're here, you're fighting - and dammit - you are worth saving even if only for you!

/D
Helpful - 0

Loneliness is a trigger.
How can you live in a trigger and expect to succeed?

Addicts need help or most of the time they are stuck in Limbo.......forever.....
Helpful - 0
Baby Steps - indeed

Tink I luv ya (girl!) :-)  LOL

First day here, actually searching from Google - and what do I find?
Tink's posts, lots of'em.

BABY STEPS

Let me tell you, Creek & Tink & whoever else - after 24hrs of c/t I was READY TO GIVE UP OR DIE.  Thing is, I'm a moron - I would have taken a whole handful of pills instead of the 1/2 that I ended up taking 2 hours later.  

Why? Because I see things black and white. I've been a software engineer for 23+ years, I see 0's and 1's that's all.  For me it was c/t or nothing. If I couldn't have success immediately then what's the use.

Well I read Tink's posts and others - and realized I can take baby steps, and still get there.

As for telling - Tink is right on - when you're ready you will.

love you guys
/D
Helpful - 0
Creek, please try an N/A meeting, just try it.

People there won't judge you, they will listen.

It is nice to sit with people who are drug free and wont push tons of beliefs and advice down your throat.

Try it Creek,,,,,you need another outlet besides here...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.