Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

THINK-TINK! The addict survival guide.

Y'know... this might be nuts... or it might be cool... you decide and let me know which it is :-) LOL

Everyone here has so much insight/information to offer, and a few minutes ago I was replying to Tink that when I read her posts there is almost always some pearl of wisdom so worthy of holding onto.  For example, she said two simple things that I think we should all try to remember: 1: take baby steps, 2: slipping isn't failing, and 3: don't feel guilty if you slip (did I say two things or three?)

Anyway- I said Geez that's great and I'm gonna tell newcomers my new motto: "THINK-TINK"!  

Well not the rest of you are any less worthy! LOL  
Tink was just the first person I ran into here, her posts anyway.
I think you guys know what I mean.

Anyway - so here's my idea - why don't we all work on a sort of handbook of tidbits/info that we can hand out to newcomers?  I can post it on my web-site and we can tell newcomers to read it for good information. Things like the Thomas recipe, and Chewey's tapering forumula, and  these three pearls from Tink today (and many other days!):
1: baby steps
2: slip, don't fail, refuse to let a slip be failure
3: don't let guilt turn one slip into reason for failure

We could make categories to make it easier to read, like a section on stuff you can use to handle w/d symptoms, or the above "words of wisdom to remember".

Just a thought - but I'm game - how about you guys? (eh, gals :-) LOL)

/D
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i feel honored right now, thank you

and yes i believe everyone here as a piece to offer to your great idea og putting it all together into one.
Fladdict
grace
vicaddict
beach
oxybliss
marce
and everyone else (who i did not name here)
have posted so many positive thougths that have helped me tremendously. we are all UNIQUE and have our own special way of looking/doing this rehab of our lives.

put it all together and it would be wonderful!!!

GREAT IDEA, i love it
Helpful - 0
Sorry everyone - I didn't mean to imply anyone had any more to offer than anyone else here!  I've receive a LOT of great wisdom from many.

But I think being in w/d and scared, it's overwhelming coming here and reading 4,978 posts.  And repeating the same stuff over and over, as we all do when replying, is rather inefficient.

I was just proposing that maybe we make a digest of our best tidbits to offer newcomers.  That was all.  From the looks of it nobody's really interesting! LOL  It would be some effort of course.  But worth it?  To the terrified newcomer?  

Helpful - 0
I think they should take Bill Wilsons, aka Bill W
name out of the big book and put in yours......

Then you could get rid of all the things you disagree with and put in your own.....
Helpful - 0
Perhaps you could post a quote where I said I wanted anything from me included? Or anything from anyone excluded?

On the contrary, I gave most of the credit to Tink and others here.

All I've suggested is that a digest format, with some of the great things people have offered, would be helpful.

Why does that offend you?

Why attack me for suggesting a guide to offer newcomers might be helpful to them?

PS: Perhaps you could also explain why it is that you only replied to me AFTER I mentioned that I didn't share you/Marce's views on NA/God.  That would be great too.  

Peace
/D
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.