Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Yoda99

Hey you still there?
Sorry I had to disappear for a bit - needed food!

Listen - I KNOW how the sleep problem sucks trust me! But it DOES get better! Just hang on for another day ok?

If I could have gone c/t for 6 days - holy ****! I didn't make it beyond 1 day!!!  And my habit was much less than yours! C'mon the worst is probably over - what do I know?!

I'm sorry for saying it would get worse - Please remember that people here are 1: not doctors and 2: drug addicts who are learning as we go - just like you. I've read of some extreme cases, oneway is a poster who was pretty severe. And I've seen lots of others who said it took a couple weeks.  When their "peak" was I can't say, but one thing I can say for sure - it will be different for every human body. That I'm pretty confident saying - scientific studies or not.  

REMEMBER- MUCH OF THIS PAIN IS IN YOUR MIND!!!  That's pretty commonly accepted. The addiction, and the withdrawal, is both mental and physical.

And PLEASE remember, if you can't bear it, don't go back to your normal habit.
Keep posting and reading here.
You'll be feeling better before you know it!

(and PLEASE forgive me for saying it would get worse - I'm a jackass sometimes!)

Peace
/D
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey, I can guarantee I'm not worried about the mental part.  Its' the vomiting, diahreah, no sleep, excrutiating pain in my legs.  (That's why my dr. put me on it in the first place 2 years ago.)  I have crippling pain in my legs.
If you hear of someone that's gone cold turkey after such a high dose of oxycodone which is an incredibly strong med, let me know, ok?
Thanks for your kindness.
Helpful - 0
Review the past few days and watch for "oneway" - this dude - WOW - he was injecting - and went c/t.

IT CAN BE DONE - OK?

There are OTHER ways to cope with the pain of w/d - tylenol/pm or sleeping aids that are over the counter - flexeril is a relaxant that might help - imodium or bananas for the runs!  

C'MON don't give in now ok?  Geez 6 days!

I'm only on 5 now!!!!!!!!!!!  :-) LOL

Listen - do me a favor ok - scan my posts the past few days - I posted about a technique I use called distraction.  PLEASE go find and read it ok?

I can't repost it, I have to go for a few mins - but I WILL CHECK BACK ON YOU HERE OK?  PLEASE GO FIND THAT POST!

Love
/D
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.