Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

anybody else use fentanyl patches? need advice

Anybody else besides those mentioned in my previous post have patch experience? Need some advice...
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1331115 tn?1536362140
Hi and welcome to the forum, this thread is 5 years old so you should start your own thread by clicking the button up top "Post a Question". This way you will get many more replies and advice.
Helpful - 0
2066663 tn?1331993339
hi i dont no if youve seen any of my posts but up until last week i was on 300 mills everyday i got so emune to them anyways wen i told people this i got meseges saying im dying or going to die i took it seriously like i do all coments but it did scare me i cant help being emune to them anyway my doctor dident want  me to come off but thay wer making me fill awfull so iv took the bull by the horns and iv managed in the time iv bin on here whitcj is a week or two to get it down to 150 i fill much beter but geus wat i got anouther mesege saying im going to die i remind this person of a friend of theres now im thinkin maybe this site isnt for me.can you restore my faith i do no wat im doing iv come off alcoholl befroe crak and outher stuff so i have nolage but i have none with prescription drugs if im filling beter on a lower does shurly thats beter than a higher does and filling horible no
Helpful - 0
hey i detoxed off of the fentanyl patch 2 weeks tomm. private message me if u need help.
michelle
Helpful - 0
I am here buddy.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I, and others, know a lot about patches but since we don't get much support here we haven't posted much. I will tell you some about the patch and if you have any questions you can ask.

You're on the 25mcg patch?? The fentanyl is in the patch and it makes a reservoir in your skin where you place it and delivers 25mcg/hr into your system. That's 25 micrograms an hour. Never put pressure on the patch. If you are supposed to change it every three days, never do it to soon, but do it when the 72 hours is up. There are a million things you should know and you won't get that info unless you research it. Type fentanyl pain patch in your browser and hit enter. You will find a lot of info. You will also see the law suits that have been filed. Really scary stuff so use the patch carefully. I want off of them and I have tapered from 100mcg down to 75mcg, then to 50, and now on 25 plus a 12mcg. I hope to make another cut to just the 25mcg soon. Never put a new patch over the same spot you have just removed one from. If the adhesive doesn't stick DO NOT put any tape over the patch itself, but you can put it along the very small border. The first patch you put on should start working in 8 to 17 hours. I know that's quite span. Read the instructions that come in the box carefully.
Take Care....LS
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.