Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Workinhardtostop and others trying to get off tramadol

I have been away for the weekend, but scrolling though the weekend's posts see that I am not alone in suffering with trying to get off Tramadol.
I have been trying to taper off a 12 tramadol a day habit for the last 3 weeks, and I am somewhat embarrassed to say that I haven't been doing that good until four days ago, when I had to go to Sweden for the weekend and hadn't received my order of tramadol before leaving. So forced by necessity I have now tapered seriously for four days and only taken 5-6 tramadol a day and now I have three left for tomorrow - Monday. It has not been too bad (I have sleeping aids to help me through the night), but I am very worried about Tuesday, when I have to go completely C/T. But I am now determined to make it, I haven'tuntil now been able to taper more than a few days at a time, and I really want to get it over with, it is unhealthy and expensive, and I experienced for the first time before the weekend what a lot of people have been talking about on this forum, the amount of time you spend worrying about the next order of pills and running out. It is controlling my life, and it has to stop.
workinhardtostop and others, please keep me posted on your porgress and the best of luck.
Minnie
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I know what you mean about just getting sick and tired of worrying about your next order...it will be so freeing to get away from that!  I know it can be scary, but it sounds like you are tapering down so I hope your w/d aren't too bad!  You know the drill from other posts...Immodium/bananaa/B-12/valerian root/hot baths. Keep posting, everyone is here if you need us! How was Sweden...I would love to go there!
I'll keep you in my prayers!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for the encouragement, this forum is just great and you (along with others)have truly been an inspiration for me with your willpower and determination. I have no doubt that you will make it having now come this far.

I think I know the Thomas-recipe by heart by now and and I have stocked up on vitamins and Immodium. I have a couple of xanax for Monday and Tuesday and Sleeping pills. Otherwise I will just have to survive on hot baths and - hopefully - willpower. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have resigned myself to the fact that the next couple of days will be rough, but it is worth it. And one thing I am sure of, I would never have come this far without the support of you among others.

We have a small summerhouse in Sweden and it is the most beautiful nature with many small lakes and firs. I hope next time I go there this will all be behind me.
Minnie    
Helpful - 0
Today is Day 6.  Before starting, I was 12+, Day 1 and Day 2 were 5, Day 3 was 4, Day 4 I only needed 3 even though was willing to give myself up to 4.  Yesterday, Day 5 was bad depression wise, so I took 4 instead of 3, saying that I was making up for the day before.  Not proud, but not too ashamed either.  Better than suicide.  Today I've only had one so far (and its 2pm).  I'm sweating and cold at the same time, so its time for the second one of the day, but I'm trying to only do 3 total today, so I'm holding out as long as possible.  Today and tomorrow should only be 3, then I'll try going down to 2.  By next Friday, I'll be ready for 0!  The withdraws weren't too bad past the first 2 days.  It's just the depression that is getting to me.  I'm going to the movies with my husband and son to try and beat it, even though I really just want to lie around in self-pity.  Ghost Rider, here we come!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.