Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Question on W/D's

Ok, Ive been injecting at least 420mg of ms contin a day.  Enough to kill a horse, but Ive built up the tolerance.  Now, I am out of my meds and have decided to try and come off them instead of going to the street to buy.  I have heard that darvocet helps with the withdrawals.  Not sure how, but thats what Ive been told. Its suppose to have something in it that helps.  I have a bottle of darvocet and am going to try.  My question is has anyone out there ever heard of this??  I also am prescribed seroquel, lyrica and klonipin.  Does anyone know if the combination of these drugs will help with the W/D's??  I have had 120mg's this morning so I know I wont be to bad off today, but am very worried about tomorrow and the following days.  I have gone through W/D's before but was in a detox center with medical help close by.  Now Im am going to be going through this alone.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hi,

I found this on the net. Best of luck to you!!

Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Darvocet-N 100. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:

Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) because the risk of bleeding may be increased
Cimetidine, HIV protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir), or isoniazid because they may increase the risk of Darvocet-N 100's side effects
Naltrexone because it may decrease Darvocet-N 100's effectiveness and may cause withdrawal symptoms
Anticonvulsants (eg, carbamazepine), antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline, fluoxetine), barbiturate anesthetics (eg, thiopental), or sodium oxybate (GHB) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Darvocet-N 100
Medicines that may harm the liver (eg, methotrexate, ketoconazole) because the risk of liver side effects may be increased. Ask your doctor if you are unsure if any of your medicines might harm the liver.
Helpful - 0
If you take enough of the darvoset you're probably not going to withdraw at all.  You're just substituting one opiate for another.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.