Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

struggling today

The problem with living in Europe (in this connection at least) and the reason I don't reply to many posts is because of the time difference. Whenever I check in in the morning everyone has checked out for the day ;-)
I am on day five of a steep taper schedule (nothing to brag much about since I'm running out of pills tomorrow - still it made me want to try getting off the medication once angain and succeed this time) and today will take only two tramadol and tomorrow only one after which it's C/T. I haven't slept much last night - even with a sleeping pill - I am starting to ache all over (strangely my knees hurt the most - I know it is common, but still it is strange), feeling cold/hot, restless and tired, I guess it will only get worse. I am trying to get as much work done, while I can. Sorry, but I don't seem to have any funny stories to share today, even though I think it is a great idea to post positive thoughts as well, but at least I can wish everyone a good day - and for everyone struggling like myself - hang in there, I'm going to try!
Minnie    
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
HANG ON IN THERE IT CAN ONLY GET EASYR,,,SAYS ME LOL,
I AM NOW INTO WEK TEN OF THE WORSE DETOX I HAVE EVER DONE,
I HAVE HIT PAIN THAT I NEVER EXSPECTD ,BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO DIG IN EVEN AT THE WORSE TIMES WHEN YOU FEL YOUR BEING DRAGED DOWN THE ROAD JUST NEVR GIVE IN ,
I THINK ALL DETOXING IS HARD WETHER IT IS PAIN KILLERS OR HARD CORE DRUGS,
YOU SEEM TO BE ABLE TO MOVE ABOUT IN THE DAY WHICH SOUNDS GOOD TO ME,
I HAVE ONLY JUST HIT THE POINT WERE MY BODY WILL LET ME DO ANYTHING IN THE DAY ,I STILL HAVE BENZO TO DEAL WITH ,
WHICH IS SOMETHING YOU JUST CANT STOP LIKE OTHER DRUGS,
BUT JUST KEEP FOCUSING ON BEING FRE FROM WHAT EVER DRUGS HAVE TAKEN OVER YOUR LIFE TO THE POINT WERE THEY ARE AN ENEMY THATS HOW I AM EALING WITH THIS NIGHTMARE,LOTS OF THEROPY,I DON,T NO HOW YOUR HEALTH SYSTEM WORKS BUT IF YOU CAN GET HIPNOSIS THAT DOES HELP,
I HAVE HAD TO GO PRIVATE TO GET MINE AND I GO EVERY WEEK,
AND IT DOES HELP WHEN YOU CAN GET TO A LEVEL WERE YOUR CALM IT COMES INTO ITS OWN,
AND GIVES YOU THE STRENTH FOR THE NEXT BOUT ,
HANG ON IN THERE,
I HOPE IT PASSES SOON FOR YOU
Helpful - 0
hi i hope you are feeling ok
i have read through your post i replyed to and i can focus a bit better today ,
you seem to be getting the toxins out of you very fast
i can only go by my life on drugs and every detox i have done is just like yours except this one ,
i think you are very near the end by the symtems you have at day 7 you should start to feel better any day it might only come very slow but you will get on top of this ,
if you dont worry about sleeping as that wil stress you more and pump more adrenalin and when this happens you put your body under more stress,
your body will sleep when you need it ,
i no my detox is taking a lot of weeks but dont judge mine as the same as yours as i have been on very hard drugs for many years and was dehidrated and i never moved for years only to get drugs,
it would be nice to hear how you are i do keep looking to see if you have posted any more messeges
at the end of the day all drugs come out the same way
except drink and benzoz and barbituates,
them you cant just stop
im still on benzo at very low dose you have to reduse and hold on those thre kinds of drugs and yes drink is a drug in my opinion the worse of them all
anyway hope to hear you are well
Helpful - 0
Thank you very much for the encouragement - it is much needed.

I'm sorry and embarrassed to have to report that I just received the order (which I had ordered for tapering - or that is at least what I have convinced myself of) that I thought was lost in the mail and immediately took two tramadol (talk about spineless!!!), which in a couple of hours made the W/D go away. But at least I have only taken four today (so I'm still taking 8 less a day than a week ago which I know is an improvement), but I apparently have very little willpower, which is very disappointing to say the least. But I will continue to taper, even if I can't bear to go cold turkey. On some level I guess that is okay, but at the same time it is much easier to fail, when the pills are within reach. Actually I have always seen myself as strong, but I have certainly found out that I have shown very little willpower in this matter, very desillusioning! I am so impressed with all the people on this forum who have taken the W/D symptoms in their stride and succeeded and it is a great inspiration. I will keep struggling to overcome this addiction, even if it is much harder than I initially anticipated.
How are you doing yourself, you seem to be on the right track. Good luck to you too and thanks again for the support.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.