Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Some small suggestions to fellow patchers or other's who are staying in there.

Fellow patchers, and other's who are brave enough to taper off I am finding a few things that are helping me.  Perhaps they could help you.  After all Ladysundown's, Fladdict,bowhunter, creek and other's have helped me immeasurably.

I've started an exercise program of simple walking right after going from 200 to 100's.  That was a little over a month ago.  Starting out slow and easy by just going around a block at first I'm now just starting to ride my bicycle on top of walking about half a mile.

Going by my neighbors whom one of can't walk or even sit up very long has helped me to think of other's problems instead of my very real problem.  Thinking about and caring for other's is making me feel strong and needed.

Praying through out the day to God the father, and His son Jesus helps tremendously.  While just meditating, and enjoying His love on my life keeps me strong when I'm feeling pretty weak.

You are more then your circumstance if you know God because He can deliver beyond a person's circumstance.

I was shot down with RSD for over seven years.  Although I had doctors, pills, and a good family it didn't change the amount of pain I was going through.
Through my parent's prayers the RSD symptoms disappeared.  I was pretty sure I was stuck with it for the rest of my life.  But that changed.  There is still hope if I was able to get over that nerve condition.

There is hope for tomorrow.  Never give up.  You are not whipped in the fight until you just quit fighting.

Hoping the best for each of you.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What acceptance!
You all are so kind to one another it makes me want to start a virtual church right here.  Right now.

I consider you all just a wonderful support system right now, and I hope and pray for each one of you.
This information on here has helped me make intelligent choices instead of flailing about some where in the dark.
I really didn't know any thing about trying to get rid of this stuff.
Man on Fire I feel empathy for the chronic pain you're going through.  Words seem some how hollow when remembering my bout with RSD.  I know there is hope while a person is alive, and that we have a great forum here.
Hoping each of you have the victory soon.
Helpful - 0
I hope this isn't a stupid ??? What is Actiq?  I don't know anything about that or patches and asked a ?? before that was not answered.  Do you get that feeling of well being from the patches. I know you get the same w/d  symptoms and I was just wondering. I can't make any intelligent suggestions pertaining to these drugs, only offer my support and hopes for your continued success towards recovery!
Helpful - 0
i am working on tread mill my self one weekago it took 20 minutes for a mile now im dow to just over14 minutes for that mile.manonfire im glad patch is working well for you.i say your the strongest because you have real pain issues and you want to quit your meds.that takes strenght to do, you say your week but you havent used a lolly . so once again my hats off to you sir   the bowhunter
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
You made some good points. I am doing all that you mentioned. I do yoga. I live in the country and with snow all around walking isn't good, but in the Spring I will start again because I enjoy it.

Eating the proper foods is important and I have a problem there because I don't have much of an appetite. I'm taking vitamins, especially B12 and B6. Drinking plenty of water, which helps flush the toxins out of your system faster. I've been drinking a lot of V-8 and Splash V-8 fruit juice.

Thanks for caring enough to share with us,
Take Care...LS
Helpful - 0
I hear you. I went out to do some photography yesterday. It helped me quit thinking about putting an actiq in my mouth for a good long while. I needed that. I have been over 48 hours without an actiq. Wow. It has been pure hell mentally, but the patch is helping with the physical part. Still having physical symtoms, but they are manageble. I cut from 10-12 fentanyl 400 mcg suckers a day to 6 then 0. I have 2 25mcg patches on, hoping to taper to 1 after tomorro. Doc said I could put up to 4 on at any given time. I have serious pain issues that are long term, so I do need something. I'm just glad to be rid of those suckers. Patch is self controlling, I feel like I'm not in charge of how much I take now, and that is a blessed thing. Keep on talking about it, I think there are a lot of patchers laying in the weeds, not talking about it yet but reading all we post.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.