Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hey H3Girl

I was tapering and did it pretty quickly since I found out I was prego, 2 weeks ago today. It has now been 37 hours since my last dose and I am can't stop shaking my leg...other than that I am feeling pretty good. Did I see that you posted that your W/D's didn't START until after 5 days???? If that is the case maybe I did this too quickly.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Where ya been?  Sounds like it's pretty rough. Did you talk to the NP about it yet?  Don't make this too hard on your body...(I know I sound like a broken record) I'm am just concerned for you! Please do what you/and MD think is best for you and baby!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
I talked with the nurse about it and told her I was tapering she said that was fine. I saw her yesterday and I had told her my last dose was at 8:00pm Sunday and I wasn't going to take one unless I needed it. I actually have been feeling really good, no RLS or sweats or shakes just bouncing my leg :) I did it when I was in college too, old nervous habit I guess. I have been sleeping at least 6 hours a night, toss and turn a little but I think being prego has helped with being able to sleep. We went out of town this weekend to see my grandmother and that helped a lot. I was concerned because most people experience the worst part of W/D 24hrs after the last dose and since I have been feeling good and here at work I didn't want this blasting me in 5 days. Can it take up to 5 days to feel W/D's?
Helpful - 0
I asked her what she was feeling because it sounded more like she was dealing with her heart racing and some muscle aches.  From what I have read from online MD sources is the w/d can start as earaly as 6 hrs and peak within 24-72 hours. I can't see that you could go into full blown w/d after 5 days with the opiates out of your system.  Waiting to hear from her.  It sounds like you really have a plan now....great job and I hope you have a happy pregnancy...it really is such a wonderful time in our lives!!! You should be able to enjoy it.
Helpful - 0
I concur, If after 5 day the WD's start it is either bad craving or something else. Pain severity is a very personal perseption. On the 1-10 scale one persons 10 is anothers 2.
Helpful - 0
No, I am on Day 5 and still having WD's after tappering to 1 pill a day now nothing for 5 days. I don't know when this is going to get better and I don't know how much I can take. I have horrible sneezing running nose and the aches are coming back. I really don't know if this is worth it or not. I don'[t like the person I am today or the past few days. Down and out
Helpful - 0
I didn't like myself too much either!  I was at least Day 7 before I was able to function somewhat.  The alternative of going back is soo much worse...you know where that will lead. You are much stronger than you think. Just having the willpower to taper is unbelievable...I couldn't taper because I would have borrowed from the next days supply or just caved and taken them all when I started feeling bad.  It sounds like you are doing it so hang in there...it really will get better.  You've probably heard of the Thomas Recipe, and other suggestions from people here...stay strong! Lots of people here to help!
Helpful - 0
Thank you all so much for supporting and talking me through all of this!!! I will continue to post so that I might be able to help someone else. I have no idea how I was able to go from 15-20 10mgs a day Norco habit to zero in less than 2 weeks and not feel horrible W/D. I am having some trouble staying asleep but I am still getting 6/7 hrs a night and I have to say it is probably my pregnancy that is allowing me to do that. I started my taper with 4 10mg pills and then stayed at 2.5 for quite a few days. Then would wait as long as I could stand it and take 1 not 1/2, 1 because 1/2 wouldn't help out. Soon I was still taking 2 a day but not divided up into 1/2's just 1 every 12 hours or longer if I could. Soon it was 12 hours plus a 7 hour sleep and so on. I took my last one Sunday night at 8:00pm and am feeling really good. I also quit smoking yesterday too and that is killing me!!! I have to say I am thinking about smoking more than taking a pill. One thing I think helped me the most was wellbutrin. It really curbs my smoking cravings (not completely, I am still a smoker at heart) but I think it has helped with my norco cravings as well as helped with W/D's. If anyone has any questions or would just like to talk please email me at ***@****. Take care, and keep posting. I love hearing about all of you!!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.