Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Morning folks

I tried to stay asleep as long as possible.. didn't want to get up and feel the way i felt yesterday.. Day 3 of new taper dose of 7.5mg/day.. these lower doses are the tricky ones..i have been depressed, anxious, arm and leg cramps, tingling sensation, runny nose, chills, ect. all in mild to moderate..and not all day but on and off for a few hours at a time. i know i could feel alot worse(if i went cold turkey)..hopefully my body will get more adjusted today so i can feel ok..slept fine with the Lunesta. had electric blanket on me with just a shirt and undies.. hot cold hot cold... hubby keeps saying how proud he is of me.. he is sweet..

stephanie
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey, you're doing great by sticking with your taper! I think you're probably going through the worst of the w/ds now and, once you're quit, it will be a breeze. OK, maybe not a breeze but tolerable.

FYI ... I feel so much better now, just since day 11. It's getting better every day.

Sunday is the big day right?

Scott (day 15)
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Sunday is the big day...i may attempt to sleep through sunday if possible.or if needed.. or like you said this is the worst part and i will feel ok on sunday.. typing now makes my arms burn, so i have been keeping it short. You are doing awesome... thanks for being here.
Helpful - 0
Think of it like this: I only got out of bed to go to the bathroom for 2 days, then it was back to writhing in misery.

You are actually typing at a computer. That's huge!

BTW, I totally feel that tapering is a viable (and sometimes the only) option for getting of narcs. The proof will be in your testimony in the coming days/weeks.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
i have sunday and monday off and i don't start til 2pm on tuesday so i hope that is enough time to feel humanish.

I agree, I don't think everyone CAN taper but i do think its possible to taper and not hurt as much or as long.. I knew with my job and my life that cold tukey wasn't happening.. and I can't really afford Suboxone. So tapering it was.. and here i am a 5 weeks later.. could have been done faster but all that stuff happened with tooth and getting sick..
Helpful - 0
Yeah, but you didn't use getting sick or a root canal as an excuse to going back to full on ... that means you have a quitter's mindset!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
no i didn't use it as an excuse.. i just had to make it work..
Helpful - 0
Exactly. If we can't roll with the changes life throws at us, then how will we ever beat this beast?

BTW, I wanted to thank you for helping me make it through these last few weeks. You were the 1st person to respond to my initial posting, and it really meant a lot to me at the time. If I hadn't felt welcome here, I'm not sure if I would've had the strength to get this far.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Your welcome.. and thank you because without new people like yourself posting i may have forgotten where i came from.. i may have forgotten what it was like that first day here..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.