Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Scotquit...IT IS just that simple

I went to a preacher/counselor years ago when I did coke.  His words rang in my ears when I read your post about..Cigs...JUST DON"T EVER LIGHT ANOTHER ONE...ONE!!!   Pills,,,,JUST DON"T TAKE A PILL EVER AGAIN...NOT ONE>
Anyway, he said, the only way to stop is just to STOP PUTTING THIS UP YOUR NOSE>    Just make up your mind and say NO MORE!!  Nothing is going up my nose ever again.  

It didn't work.  But going back to this concept...well it is THE ONLY WAY to look at it.  It really is.  JUST NOT ONE MORE EVER>

Peace~
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have quit smoking several times before, and every time I "slipped" it turned into a full blown relapse.

I've been using a cut-and-dry styled website called whyquit.com to help me with my quits (both from cigs and narcs) and it has been a godsend to me. Here's what they say about slipping:

"Slip is a word that losers use to candy coat defeat"

Harsh? YES
But does it help me? ABSOLUTELY
Helpful - 0
Great website.  That is really direct and intelligent information.  I will go there often.  Thanks
Helpful - 0
It is my tied-for-favorite website ... really gives me a lot of strength. Hang in there!
Helpful - 0
One is too many, and a thousand not enough. Good luck, it's hard I know.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.