Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pain MEds

Does anyone know if it is ok to mix prozac, xanax and Hydrcodone?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It is pointless to take a psych drug while taking abusing your drug of choice. Many say it can be dangerous, as you are already supplying your body with more than it needs to be happy, with drugs. Add prozac to it, or any other psych med, and you are just throwing your body into mayhem. It's bad enough to mix benzos and opiates, as many have died from this lethal combination. Plus, if you think w/d from opiates is bad, just wait till you see what a benzo w/d will do to a person.
Helpful - 0
For what its worth, I can tell you that Ive been taking prozac, xanax, morphine, hydrocodone and several other medications that I am prescribed all together every morning and evening and it hasnt affected me.  I cant tell that I take the meds.  But to each his own.  Everyone reacts differently.  But in my opinion, it wont hurt you at all.  Just basing it on my own experiences.  
Hope this helps.
One way to find out is to take them all together one morning and see what it does.  I can tell you that it wont kill you !!  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.