Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hi from Montana

Day 5 coming up still feel kind of crappy,can't sleep I'm drinking a cup of sleepy time and see what happens. I have been on hydro for 3 years for chronic pancriatitous and notice that my pain hurts worse when I  go C/T. I try to wean off these damn things once in a while and give my body a break. Is this normal?? I am starting to worry that things may be getting worse in the panceaous.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My one legitimate Doc told me to try and skip on the weekends when I could rest and just take Tylenol/Motrin for pain to help reduce my tolorance.
Helpful - 0
Yeah Fridays the day I usually start and be c/t by the weekend so I do just what you said, but damn Monday sure come early and work is usually hell for a week. I always run out of the hydro so I have a week to 10 days to clean up and will not go out and look for them, I thank God I have that much will power just wish I could use them right when I have them.
Helpful - 0
Read all the horror stories here, including mine. If you can go 10 days relatively easily ( you do it often) That mean you are where I was five years and 500MG a day ago.

I'm not a street Junkie, until last month I had a great job, I live in a beautiful home, have a wonderful wife and two great kids. I'm active in my community and my entire family and friends all look up to me as the lucky succesful one driving the right car, taking the right vacations, etc.

Loosing my job was indirectly related to my drug use. I can not deny it may be part of the reason. 5 people in my dept were let go. Years ago I would have been at the top of my profession, now I am medicra. Just doing enough to stay out of trouble.

Well it was my wakeup call amoung other thing. Drugs are controling my life. My wife wanted to take a 14 day Cruise and I poo pooed the idea because I was afraid I would run out of pills. My children are missing out on life because of me.

My point is you are still relatively in control. Strike while the iron is hot and you can beat this ******* back into his cave and seal up the entrance.
Helpful - 0
Well got through another lousy night of sleep.I went to bed before I read your response. It really made me think. I have everything in the world right now.Great wife 1 boy left in the nest and should be going to college in a couple years.I work for law-inforcement and guilt eats at me constantly.I have chronic pain but also like the damn things (Hydro).The only reason I c/t now is I'm out and waiting till next week. I have noticed as time goes on I take more and more.I have a mri on march 22 to see whats going on.I pray they will find something this time. I have way to much to loose to let these damn things ruin my life. I will consult a different Doc if not. I am with the V.A. now and wonder sometimes.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.