Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 12

Wow Yesterday was a tough day. I was doing good but then got an email back from an online pharmancy. I had sent it in on my second day.. dumb.. I know, but my mind was crazy with WD. I feel better today that I know.. number one, I am not getting them, and number two - I don't want them. For all of you who are starting out... I did not think it was possible to live with out pills. The WD are gone but the cravings are here to stay. I don't think about them 24 hours but some days 12 hours and others 6. Over time this will pass. I came clean with my family and my fiance made a comment last night that I thought was iteresting. He is a nurse and sees this happen all the time. I had terrible stomache pains from not going the bathroom. (He told me the Vics do that to you.) Now I am getting back to normal. Also, I seem more alive. I thought the pills made me have energy. I walked outside today and can actually smell the fresh air. I was too foggy to notice things like that. It may sound strange but it is true.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182775 tn?1209736027
Congratulations on your progress.  You have some pleasant surprises ahead...I assure you.

GEORGE
Week 6
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
To me it frequently seemed like I had switched from viewing the world on an old, small B&W TV with dust covering the screen, to viewing it on a brand new, squeaky-clean, wide-screen HDTV.  This aspect seemed to reach its peak intensity at about 6 months - everything stays that vivid, but it's just not overwhelming now.

People in sustained Recovery frequently talk about peeling away another layer of the onion.  I find that they are right.  I am more than a little amazed and grateful when I discover every few months that another layer is gone.  It's an amazing journey.
Helpful - 0
It feels good to not have to worry about how many pills you have left, and how are you going to get more, and should I take one, or should I save it. Its a lot of stress worrying about those things
Helpful - 0
Today is day 12 for me too; c/t from over 2 yrs of 480 mg of oxy, sometimes more.  I actually drove yesterday for the first time, I had been too weak to drive.  And I slept more than 2 hrs last night; I slept 5.  I still feel foggy and weak but it's getting better.  But the pain in my legs that I was taking it for has returned so I'm having a real dilemma.  Addicted or in pain?  I just don't know.  But I'm taking it day by day.
Congrats to you,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
im day 14 actually ending day 14 2 weeks YEAH I DID IT.next goal 30 days. THANK GOD I GOT MY LIFE BACK!!!!     EVERYONE IS A WINNER WELCOME BACK TO THE REAL WORLD      the bowhunter   ending 2 weeks no pills  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.