Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Trading one addiction for another pills to shopping

For the record the pills are cheaper

Funny kept busy all day (still going) and yet I couldn't make it without a noon dose.  Did skip the 1/2 a pill at 10 and just took the whole one at noon.  I couldn't stop feeling yucky inside, ibby jibbies all over, and I still had so much to do.

Managed to take my youngest to her state testing (I homeschool her), then went to Target and after spending nearly $200 I realized I didn't have my credit card in my purse, had to use the emergancy card Ugggh, found my credit card on the floor of the car (and the top was down) Seems when I asked my 12 year old to put it IN the purse that total "in" part must have been confusing.  Hiring a professional organizer to help get my house out of the choatic mess it is in right now so I picked up some storage bins and such. Then ran to bed bath and beyond for $230 of things I didn't need (just needed coffee pods from there and that was only $40).  Managed to meet up with hubby for lunch, Spent another $140 at the grocery on again things I don't need) gotta run to pick kid up from school, find time to potty, put dinner in oven, take kid to ice skating and oh I forgot to actually "work" today so I will be on the puter all night.... and I am west coast time, so any body who can't sleep, I'm here :)
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Of course you need a new whisk just because it is blue etc., you just made my day, I can't stop smiling - we all know what it is like trying to justify all those things we buy that we don't really need. And I who run a translating business from home also know exactly what t is like when you simply don't have "time" to work during the day and have to work all evening.
It is so uplifting to read some funny everyday stories as well as the serious stuff we are all dealing with. Have a great day.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
Do I really need a new whisk because the handle was soft and blue, and really, a strainer that has foldable sides that can go over the sink :)  Don't get me started on the Creme Brulee torch, mixing kits and the little ceramic dish thingies.  I am sure hubby will agree that the plastic $1 silverware seperater thingy was working just fine, there was no need to buy a wooden one, do I dare admit to this cute little ice cream cup with a lid that has a cow on it and a little itty bitty spoon *grin*, I am sure I can explain the jelly roll baking pan, and did you know that they now make these rubber baking dishes, total bendable rubber and I had to get pink (for breast cancer), no more hard on food, just bend that baby and pop the crunchies off.  I did manage the bathroom rugs that I went out for along with the razors, toothpase, mouthwash, toothbrushes, and milk

Oh and had to buy the new peter pan DVD, just because it has TINK in it :)  Oh and the grocery store consisted of $40 in yogurt and 2 bunches of flowers, yeah flowers for me :)

Thank you guys for keeping me going, and Tink for busting my ass all weekend and not letting me get to the bottom of the barrel.  I sure felt close, going outside in the sun felt so forgein, though I would still like to hide in my house :)
Helpful - 0
You are so happy...I see it in your post. Your babies must be so excited to see MOM. I realize you have worked so hard to prepare youself for this. They are going to be over the top of the moon. Enjoy!!!!! You are a very lucky lady.
Helpful - 0
Honey, you just enjoy every dam thing you purchased today.  You were living, moving, sharing  family time, and I am proud of you.

And it is NOT TRUE in my case about he cost comparison,,,I have spent WAY OVER that for these little fuckin things that are killing us all.  YOU ARE OK AND YOU JUST ENJOY!!!   You were not an addict today.  That is where it's at baby!

Peace~
Helpful - 0
well, sh*t, now i'm gonna have to go buy the peter pan movie too :)

wanna know why i'm "Tink" cause tinkerbell has "pixie dust" and i've always told my girls and b/f too, that i have magical pixie dust, and when they get a boo-boo or are upset, i can sprinkle my pixie dust and make it all better. plus if you have pixies dust you can sprinkle it on someone having a bad day, and like magic POOF i put a smile on their face.

so know you all know why i'm Tink
Helpful - 0
I totally smiled at that...

Guess it works :)
Helpful - 0
i swear your daily itineary, cracks me up girl, right now i'm LMAO from reading your post

luv ya girl,
your "tink"
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.