Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hydrocodone Dependant

Ive been taking norco 10/325 apap 4 or 5 times a day every 4 hours nonstop for the past 5 years. Ive never taken it in any  higer doses and never more than 5 a day. It all started with an innocent hospital trip for kidney stones. I never would have pictured that I would be in this lifestyle...doctor shopping on the internet, feeling guilty, feeling achy all the time. Ive been able to keep this a secret from everyone including my boyfriend of 7 years and my job. Im tired of living life this way, but Im really scared of the withdrawls I would face. So far Ive never had to stop taking the pills so I don't know what real withdrawl will feel like. I know when I wake up in the morning I feel so out of it and achy. I have to take one just to function properly. Ive read all the forums and want to give credit to all the strong people in similar situations. Im worried about my liver & kidneys, bloodpressure. I havn't seen a doctor in 4 years. Last night I was feeling really depressed about all this and was almost about to tell my boyfriend everything so that I would be forced to stop...but I didn't. Ok enough rambling. Thanks to anyone and everyone who reads this
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, Kally, Welcome, this story sounds like its coming right out of my own mouth, and I am sure most of the people on this forum.  I also think the taper is a good idea.  When I first started here I was taking around 15, now I have it down to 3.  I would love to get it to none.  The withdrawls are diffrent for everyone, but, for me, it was just to much hell..  You can do it, stay here..Everyone is really supportive here..Peace..
Helpful - 0
Hiya Kally! Sounds to me that you might be a good candidate for taper since the max amount you take per day is not outrageous.  Not to say you will be w/d free, but tapering from 5/day I would imagine your physical w/d wouldn't last more then a week (body aches, insomnia, diareaha, restless leg, flu like symptoms).

Read some of the posts with taper in the title and best of luck to you....we are all in this together so let us know how your doing.
Helpful - 0
Thanks!! reading your comment and all the forums feels good to know that Im not the only one going through this sh*t. With the timeframe ive been taking em and the amount that ive been taking how bad will the withdrawls be you think, should I try tappering off em? I remember how motivated I used to be and now Im just always tired. I know I have it deep down in me to stop, but it's hard as hell not to take em. I have no doctor insurance so I was hoping I could do it without a doctor.   "YOU CAN SUCCEED AND GET OFF THE FUCKERS"  lmao! - Thanks
Helpful - 0
Oh Boy honey, you are in the right place to get some of those questions answered.  Stop beating yourself up, you are not a bad person, you are addicted to pain killers and need to think rationally how you are going to RECOVER.  Put it in words to your boyfriend if you think he will support you.  I didn't tell anyone, and it is hell going it alone.  Do not isolate yourself...you can read here, and seek a doctors help, whatever you do, CHOOSE now and waste no more time.

I have wasted a lot of my life being a self loathing pity party freak.  DOn't do it to yourself... YOU CAN SUCCEED AND GET OFF THE FUCKERS>  YOU ARE NOT ALONE>  I am here to listen.  Glad you posted.  There are others here with so much wisdom..Keep reading,,,keep posting...it is my lifeline some days.

Good Luck to you, you are in my prayers today.

Peace~
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.