Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Tales from Taperville Part 2

Day 4 of new lower dose..starting to feel a little better. Starting tommorrow it'll be 3 days to go. last night sleep took a lot of pharmaceuticals( lunesta, Xanax, trazodone not all at once a few hours apart).. hoping tonight isn't as bad.. waited til 330pm to take my first dose so i hope that helps..gonna try and wait as long as possible tommorrow too since it seems that i have a rougher time in the evening..food is not helping the nausea.. if anyone knows of something i can take for the sea sick feeling please tell me.. I have some phenergan.. which i think is for nausea..
hope everyone had a great day.. see that there are some new people.. welcome to the site..

stephanie
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
Saw a lot of new names so here's my story.... I am 26yr old female ex heroin addict who got myself caught up in the pills (vics percs whatever really) after multiple mouth surgeries 2 years ago after having 5 years clean. also have pinched nerve sciatica and a slipped disc. self medicated. started tapering after finding this forum 5 weeks ago..down to 7.5mgs a day.. quit date is sunday..
Helpful - 0
Hi Stephanie...you really are doing it....I give you so much credit for doing the taper...I tried that several times and I just didn't have the willpower, you are living proof that it does work!  After Sunday you will be free of the pills and will have gotten to a major milestone.  I know you are very apprehensive but look behind you realize how far you have come...even if you suffer some w/d I know you are prepared! And then look ahead at how great it will be not to have to count your pills and make sure you are covered...think of the freedom. I know we still have a long way to go but if you got this far, I know you can go the distance (God....How hokey...I sound like Rocky Balboa....sorry!!!!) But I do mean it!
Great job Steph!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
thanks hun.. i appreciate your words even the campiness of them..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.