Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

man on fire/ 911

I wanted to tell you guys I called the shelters, we have 3 here and they had no room.  They were all sorry and told me to call the next shelter.  God, it really sucks here.  My mother lives in the casita so I was going to leave her and my 6 year old here so she could take him to school and she felt no danger.  This is not the first time that I have been turned away.  I see that counseling is not going to help, so I tried to talk to him in a really nice way, only to have him scream all the lovely choice words at me.  I am so lost my 3 kids, and my mother, no money, no place to go.  Although he is not being physically abusive, he, is being very mentally abusing to me.. Got any other suggestions???  I will take any.  Peace, G
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Man, I dunno.  Police?  You have to get yourself outta that situation.  That's just horrible and my heart goes out to you.  ~Jay
Helpful - 0
Thank-you for your response, I wrote his mother a e-mail, I am hoping she will suggest for him to go somewhere so we can have some time apart.  He locked me out of the bedroom and he is drinking so I am staying the hell away from him tonight.  The only thing that sucks is my sleep meds are in there, oh well, it might be a all nighter,lol..  Thank-you again, G
Helpful - 0
i am so sorry you are going through this...but there has to be something somone can do for you...i just dont see how they could turn someone away thats in your kind of situation...i know you are like shut up, i searched...but for you your kids and your mothers sakes, he needs help or yall need to go...i know the impossiblw seems just that...but then you turn a corner and something or someone is making it possible...

keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...love, natasha
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
Try contacting the following:

Contact

STAND! Against Domestic Violence
1410 Danzig Plaza, 2nd floor
Concord, CA 94520
Tel: 925.676.2845
Fax: 925.676.0532
Crisis line: 1.888.215.5555
www.standagainstdv.org

Explain your situation...especially the gun.  Even though these folks are not your home town, I know they will try to help you find shelter.

GEORGE

Helpful - 0
stopthehurt.com, endabuse.org. Since you seem to be a computer person. These outfits my be able to refer you to a nearby town that has room. You told them about the gun, right?
Helpful - 0
I live in Missouri and got involved with an organization that has helped me build a foundation for a solid recovery.  http://www.churcharmybranson.org

If you are serious about sobriety and changing your life, we have open doors.  Its in the heart of Branson and the Ozark Mountains, wonderful place.  Its where I now call home.  There is a movement of recovery and love here that could only be discribed as an act of God, in my opinion.  I have been here a little over a year, and seen literally hundreds of lives changed, and rescued from addiction.

They offer sober - self ran homes for men and women (very nice, not run down)

They are starting a program to help woman and children. If you are interested e-mail me chad-***@****

I will get you in contact with someone who can help you.  

God Bless
Helpful - 0
Wow, thank-you, you guys acutally gave me a glimmer of hope to take a shower after 11 days, I know that is so gross, I have just been very depressed.  
Man, Yes, I did tell them about the gun, they just gave me another number, this is Vegas, can you imagine how much it goes on here.  But, I am going to look up your seach you gave me.
Thank-you 911, I am getting on it right now.. And chad I will email you.. Thanks guys...I am going to get in the shower first, lol... Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.