Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

prescription forgery

do you have to be caught buying a forged prescription or can they arrest you later even if you didn't pick it up?
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
oh sweety~ what you are going through will come to an end. you made a mistake wev'e all done that,sometimes it just takes a larger on to learn from,i myself look alot like you,good mom great @ my job involved in the community,everyone thinks that i am friendly,loving,patient...(yes thanx to the norcos).......never dr shopped,bought from anyone..ect,ect.....when we are in pain however we do things we normally wouldn't do.i look back and can't believe i did what i did.hopefully nothing will happen,i'm thinking it would have already!take care of yourself my dear!dallas
Helpful - 0
well i can honestly say i called in my presc for about 5x over the phone from my work..work for dentist. finally they "caught" on and had the police waiting for me @ costco...luckily i did not go pick it up . or yes i would have been arrested and i was told by my lawyer this is a felony and you could do 2-3 yrs, however,being this was my first time doing ANYTHING WRONG EVER...not even a speeding ticket he said going to a out pt rehab and a lil community serv is all they would do. well they did not have any evidence that led them to know it was me.... god was watching over me and of course now i know i will never put myself in that predicament again...ever!!! that was 3 yrs ago and my most wonderful boss did not fire me. just said to get better!...it is hard however when you want soo badly.. please stop however and don't put yourself there.. it scared me into oblivion!! best of luck to you.i'll be here on and off if you would like to talk!!!dallas
Helpful - 0
Does anyone have any further comments on the forgery post?
Helpful - 0
You can be in trouble with the feds. I know this cause I have a family memeber that is a pharmacist. They bust people all the time.
Helpful - 0
This may answer your question

http://criminal.lawyers.com/ask-a-lawyer/Prescription-Fraud:-What-If-I-Never-Received-The-D...-6312.html
Helpful - 0
Yes!!  And I hope you are right!!  They know it was not legit and I just happened to figure it out before I went to pick it up.  All I could think of was Seinfeld and "swarm, swarm."  I just keep hoping that by not picking it up and obviously never doing it again, I'll be ok.  If not - ohmygosh, not a pretty situation.  

Just to be clear..... the fake was a "remake" of a rx I had gotten earlier in the month so it has all of my correct information on it.  I figured at the time, if they called the doc, they would have to say, yes, I wrote it.  Pretty stupid looking back.

whatcha think??
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
If you are trying to quit, then this is the right forum.

If you want legal advice on criminal activity, this is the wrong forum.

I would strongly recommend you find an attorney in your area who has delt with fradulent drug script.

BTW: Law enforcement can raise your prints off the  script you submitted.  Its done all the time.  

GEORGE

Helpful - 0
I would just pray and not do it again.  I also think it depends on the size of your city and things in that nature. For example, If you went to your local pharmacy, one of the only ones in town then I would be worried.  Where I live, in Vegas, Craphole of the world, sorry if I offended anyone.  They have tons and tons of pharmacys and too many other criminals to deal with then to be worried about you,  I know it happens all the time.  What they do here is just fax over a copy of when the script was filled back to the doc.  I would not go back to that pharmacy or that doc.. I dont want to be a *****, just honest, if you did that, you are probably in the right place and stay here to recovery.. We have some great people here..Huggs G
Helpful - 0
Thank you guys so much for all of your comments.  I must say that I am PETRIFIED.  I also have never been in any kind of legal trouble, only a speeding ticket and would be mortified if people knew what I have been up to.  My family and friends know about my pain management and have for a very long time but I have always prided myself on "not going there."  It has only recently gotten to this point.  For seven years, I took my meds, increasing type and dose as needed and only with the consent of the doctor.  Well, this last year landed me on Oxycontin starting at 20 mg. 3 x day.  FOr a year, I took my pill correctly and managed my pain.  After my second daughter was born, with A LOT of stomach problems, the lack of sleep coupled with the need to be "up" and happy many times when I was not, I tried chewing it up.  Oh, much better and that worked for a while.  Then I moved to snorting it.  I can't believe that of myself even as Im typing it.  And again that worked for a while.  BUt I never seemed to have enough and quickly found someone to buy from.  well, as most of you know, the cost is astinomical and Im not sure anyone could afford to go that way all the time.  We moved back home to be closer to our families for support with our daughter and I found another doctor willing to write and increase my dose as I saw fit.  I am now to about 80mg 4 x a day.  (BTW- I was still seeing the first doctor also.)  TOday, all of that came to an end.  My new doc called and said, basically, "no more."  The other, whom I copied the rx from, called him and told him I was seeing both.  SO, I can gather from that - they know it was me.  Why all is quiet in that area, I don't know. Maybe just the calm before the storm, but it took this rediculous act to make me realize what I was doing.  I am not this lying, copying, doctor shopper that I look like now.  I am an organized, loving, helpful, kind, giving special education teacher that has obviously lost her mind.  I am so ready for a change!!  I was glad to read about the Thomas recipe and I am calling a withdrawl doc in the morning.  I can only pray that I am able to make this decision for myself when the chips fall.  I REALLY want the old me back and cannot wait for the chance to think of something besides getting, paying for and taking pills.  I need to make sure my daughters are taken care of next week and I will begin.  Please, pray for me and write me.  I can only imagine what kind of mood I will be in then and can only hope that I am in my home to do it.  LOL to all of you and know that if you have made it to the other side, I consider you one of the strongest people out there.  I already know it will be the hardest thing Ive had to overcome, but what a mountain to look back at.  THanks again.  
Helpful - 0
pretty sure you have to pick it up cause otherwise how would they know it was you who did it.. Does that make sense, lol.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.