Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Made it Through the 4th Night of C/T

I made it through my fourth night of w/d, got about two and a half hours of sleep, but I feel pretty good this morning.  Except for being very tired, my mind feels clear, and I am not feeling depressed this morning.  I think the worst of it is over at this point, but I do have to go to work today and tomorrow so hopefully the day goes well.  I didn't have the sweats last night so thats an improvement.  I took my last pills at 5 pm on Sat 3/3/07 so today is my 5th day in w/d. I tried over the counter sleeping pills last night and they didn't help, and I don't want to get any more addictive prescriptions so I will just have to deal with the tiredness untill I an sleep normally again.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Great job Dave...the sleep will get better...give it a few weeks...it seems to get a little better everyday and I found keeping busy really helps take your mind off the discomforts (of course not completetly and I was really tired too)! But , you are on your way. I think this is one of the most difficult things to go through but it's worth the doscomfort to get your life back, no matter how we get there! Are your trying any of the suggestions  like valerian root, melatonin, Tylenol PM, warm bath before bed?

Keep strong,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
I tried the medication used in Tylenol PM without the Tylenol, it didn't help.  I am going to get some valarium from GNC today and see if that helps.  I can be functional on 2 - 3 hours of sleep for awhile, just not comfortable.
Helpful - 0
The sleep will get better.  I am on day 13 c/t from oxys and I didn't sleep hardly any until day 11 and I slept 5 hrs. that night.  It was wonderful.  Last night I slept 4 1/2 hrs. better than nothing.  The tylenol pm does work for me.  What it is actually is just tylenol with benadryl.  And I've been on an antidepressant for years that makes me a little sleepy, it's elavil and I take 50 mg at night.  Hang in there, like I said, the sleep will get better.  Oh and watch your caffeine.  I'm a coffee hound and I had to start limiting myself.
Good luck to you,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Your over the hardest part of w/d.  The sleep will come now, but limited.  Honestly my sleep patter didn't return to complete form for about 3 months.  But I think it would be safe to say by day 7 or so you will feel like your actually getting some "rest".  

Hang in there, and keep talking with anyone who will listen.  Post on here, even consider going to a meeting.  If your an addict, it could be the best decision you will ever make.

God Bless
Helpful - 0
My god, I am just in awe and so jealous :)

You did it, you really did it.... cold turkey.

My god, no way, I couldn't even imagine.  I panic at the WD's after my dose is an hour or 2 late, shi* I panic with the WD's when my dose is an hour away and my body is screaming NOW.  I am such a sissy baby..

Not you, you really really did it :)

WAY TO GO :)
Helpful - 0
I think the worst of the w/d are over, now it's mostly the sleep thing but I can deal with that easier. I actually feel good today (tired, but good)no depression today, no anxiety, and the chills, sweats, runny nose are gone.  Every day will get better this I know is true so long as I don't take another pill.
Helpful - 0
Thats great dave. Keep up the posts.
Helpful - 0
Dave,...the Flower Essence by Bach's really work for sleep and relaxation. There's one specifically for sleep and there's one that you can usually find in any whole food store called "Rescue Remedy" by Bach in a 10ml or 20ml bottle with the yellow label. These products are for real and helped me with getting to sleep because when  I was having w/d, the Tylenol PM did not work as well. I kept waking up but with the Rescue Remedy I slept straight through and felt great upon arising. I am soo proud of you and all GOD's Blessings to you. You have inspired me. I pray for your continue strength and success.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.