Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

anxiety or withdrawals???-6yr old scared

so i've been up ALL night in the bathroom (eww) cut way back on my pills cause scared i'll run out while kids are here and go into full blown withdrawals!!!!!!!

so am experiencing w/d symptoms or nerves, kids are flying ALL ALONE as unaccompanied minors.....

so i just  got off the phone with my 6yr old, she at the airport, and is scared to get on plane (poor baby) even though shes flown like 7 times before theres no mommy or daddy w/ her this time.
my 10yr old (so grown up) is like mom i got this, i'll take care of her, how sweet.

5hrs and counting.....
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Gotta love big brothers.   Relax...breathe...and enjoy this... I know your anxiety is high right now...maybe some of it is just shear JOY!   Have a wonderful day.
Peace!
Helpful - 0
Girl you know I love you :)

I'm going with anxiety, you got yourself all worked up, your really really nervous.  This is  BIG step.  I want you to do me a favor.  Step back and breathe, those girls are gonna just love.... you.  Your not the same ole' lay on the couch, turn the TV on low, can you make your sister something cause I feel sick mommy :)

Your "Let's go to shopping, sledding, snow angel, get your groove on mommy..... Lookie Lokkie Tinks got her groove back :)

Your over thinking yourself and what you are over thinking, those girls aren't gonna see, but they will see the stress that is coming from over thinking.  Confused you yet :)

Take it easy with the meds, if you can at all avoid it, don't be super mom and try to cut back too much, it will just bite you in the a$$ in a few days.  Take what you can, 1/2 those babies if need be, if you take 1 every 4 hours take 1/2 every 3, that will give you a few extra hours in there.

Remember girl, those little ones are not seeing what you and I see, think or feel about the addiction that you feel.  You are thinking about every little nook and cranny of it, not them. Tink, your life has improved so much since cutting WAY back, your getting out, sh!i my ass wouldn't be getting out of the house at 6am to drive anyone to work *lmao* because I wouldn't need a car to get around for the day since I wouldn't be leaving the house.

You are doing GREAT and don't over think anything, your only setting yourself up to fail if you push down on yourself too hard.

And girl I want to see pictures... LOTS and LOTS of pictures.  Take that camera to the airport, take it out when they see the snow, photograph snow angels, shoot EVERYTHING and ANYTHING and you know what, we'll put together one of my super duper fabli-uper slideshows.  See knowing a photographer is good for something :)
Helpful - 0
creek-thank you for the support, your such a sweetheart

grace-girl, you make me LMAO i swear!!!!XOXOXOXOXOXO to you darling :) and yes, there will be LOTS of pics and I WILL be taking you up on the slide show. i'm useless when it comes to pics and the computer, LOL

ok, breathe, gotta go get ready, yippee.....

luv ya, Tink
Helpful - 0
Sorry I haven't posted in a while- it's a long story. But I want to congratulate you on how awesome you have been doing. I know that what you are feeling is more anxiety than anything- but think how wonderful it is to actually FEEL anything again- instead of being completely numb because of the pills. I know you will have a wonderful time and you will be the best mom they have ever seen yet because you have your life back. I know I feel like "super mom" on those buggers and am afraid I won't have the same energy and enthusiasm after being rid of them. I think we just need to trust ourselves as moms that no one is "super mom" and all we can really do is offer our love and our time to our kids, unconditionally. I bet your kids will be so happy just to see you because you are their mom and they love you unconditionally. If they notice any change it will be the life you are regaining and they will have the time of their lives with you. Keep us posted- you are such an encouragement to us all! Loves!!
Helpful - 0
Your baby's (they will always be our babies, won't they?!) will be here soon. My son has flown several times as an unaccompanied minor and the airlines really seem to treat them great!  You have done so well, don't let the anxiety of pills take anything away from the joy you are going to receive when you are reunited with your children!  I would love to see pics of them...I don't know how to do myspace!  Remember, I'm not computer savvy... I think you are getting yourself worked up/stressed and that probably magnifies and w/d feelings you may be having.  It's gonna be fine...

Peace and joy on your exciting day!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.