Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

~..~ Day 2 Cold Turkey ~..~

I have to take three Benadryl, which is whats in tylenol PM, but I still sleep restless.  The best for me is the Unisom. (or the generic one!)  It is the same ingrediant that is in Nyquil, minus the alcohol.  That works so much better for me.  If you have a week to sleep, I strongly suggest that you just keep taking them so you sleep right through it.  I'm on day 2 CT, and last night, I slept until 3:30, and then took more sleep aid and slept until 7:45!  I woke up feeling like sh*t, but I plan on taking more through out the day, and just sleeping, nothing but sleeping.  They are not addicting, and the pharmist said it was a great idea! God dang they knock me OUT! So far, Ive just slept right through all this. It also takes all of the restless RLS feeling away when it starts to kick in, and the crawling skin.  Then, I just knock out fast!  Hope this helps someone! It just works so much better than benadryl, or anything "PM".
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I went ct to and I am on day 12. First 5 days are tough but trust me it gets better. You are in your toughest day. Each day will get better and better.
Helpful - 0
It seems like many say the first five days are the worst...I have to agree...after that the fatigue and anxiety are rough. About day 7-8 I think I started to feel more like myself again...it can work! I know this is a really tough time...I lived on this computer the first  5-7 days of w/d and even though I felt like ****...this place was a godsend. Somebody always was there to  give encouragment or good advice, or kick my butt...whatever I needed so post away.  

Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
YES i just wanted to tell u that sleeping is the best way to detox...if you go to a facility to detox they give you a drug that basically makes you sleep it off...so keep sleepin becca and soon you will be clean and sober and feeling much better...dont forget to eat and keep yourself hydrated thou
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.