Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Marce4

I wonder why you haven't replied to my post, I hope that I haven't offended you in any way with my question, and I can only stress that I admire your strength (and you are an inspiration for many of us struggling), but it is a thing I have given much thought. A friend told me the other day when I was beating myself up about not being better at this taper-thing, that one day you will just have had enought and will just feel ready and motivated enough to quit and that is when you will succeed. With tapering you don't get the w/d bad, but on the other hand you don't get the high or feeling of well-being that you sought, so that in it self is an improvement, even if one is still taking pills, but I just wanted to ask you if you still have cravings once in a while or if they are over after the amazing 28 days you have been without pills?
Thanks
Minnie  
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well, today is day 4 and I feel soooo much better today. I woke up and the first thing I thought was not about a pill or a smoke, it was; WOW it is 5:30am, how great and my legs don't feel like ****!! I finally through out my 100+ pills I had left. I am not sure why I was holding onto them, I knew I just needed to toss them because I knew I would never use them again but it was still harder than I thought it would be. I didn't have a desire to take them just a little freaked out to part with them. Strange huh, they are like an extended body part. As always I couldn't have done this without all of you. Take care and you are in my prayers
Helpful - 0
That's great - throwing out all pills and the right way to go, I really wish I had the strength to do that - as it would remove all temptation. And so great to hear that you are doing so well and making a healthy pregnancy your first priority.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
Hey there....no I'm not offended at all...I'm sorry,I may have missed your post because there are so many new people and when I am off for any amount of time, it's so hard to catch up. To answer your question, yes I do still have cravings...can't predict when...just some days are harder than others!  I really do believe that we have to follow up in our recovery whether it be self help books/NA/outpatient rehab.  It took me a long time to get here and I don't want to blow it now!  I and so many others have too much at stake.  

How are you doing??? I didn't realize you live in Europe...how easy is it for you to get prescriptions there...too easy here! What country are you in?  However you do this, you should be proud that you are shooting for recovery. I totally agree that noone can force us or tell us when it is time to quit, you will know in your heart!

Pgnscared, how strong you are to tosss those pills...you really are a strong lady...your baby is so lucky to have a strong mommy because w/d and recovery ain't no picnic!!!!I'm so proud of you!!! I don't know if I could have thrown them out...I ran out and just didn't renew my scrip so what you did takes lots of strength and motivation!

Peace to you guys,
Marcie

Helpful - 0
Thank you for your honesty, but I guess just the fact that you have made it almost a month (awesome!!!) works to your advantage, because for each day you succeed the more you will know that you have the strength to make it. It really is a great accomplishment.
I hope I will be strong enough soon to follow your example, I live in Denmark and it isn't that hard to order pills on the internet - it just has to be from another EU-member state - but it is very expensive and I am genuinely tired of having to count pills/days and looking in the mail twice a day to see if the pills are there - and all the worrying in connection with this...
As I have mentioned before, I tend to make it 5-6 days on half as many pills as before, but then I have a bad day, and I allow myself to take more again. The next day I am back on my taper and on a weekly basis I do take much less than before, but I cannot seem to get any further than that, and I really have to quit. The dependency started in connection with numerous operations in the jaw and infections in the jaw bone, and tomorrow I am going to the dentist to have more extensive dental work, and I am worried about the pain in connection with that as well. My determination is strong some days and not so strong other days, as I am sure many of you can recognise, but at least I am trying.
This forum has been a tremendous help, though, and I will hang on and learn fra you and follow the progress of all, undtil I am ready to take one step further or maybe even try the c/t-method.
Minnie    
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.